Text Search not working in PPT(X)-PDF COnversion

Hi,

We are using ASPOSE java slides 2.9.4 version to convert PPT(X) files to PDF and have observed that resultant PDF file does not allow text searching while on the other hand same files being converted from .Net Library are doing fine.

Attached are reference Files

Hi Azeem,

I have observed the presentation and PDF files shared by you and have been able to observe the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33411 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

any update on new release for slides library? which was expected to come up some way around end of august 2012

Hi Azeem,

I have verified from our issue tracking system and regret to share that the issue is still unresolved. However, I have requested our development team to schedule the issue for investigation. There is one more possibly a good news that I like to share is that there is another issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33356 in our issue tracking system where by customer faced similar issue that text is not searchable in generated PDF. This issue has been found resolved in upcoming release of Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0. I am hopeful that yours and the mentioned issues are some what similar and your issue may also get automatically resolved in upcoming release. But, I am not sure about this and will have to wait for our development team to carry out their investigation related to your issue with upcoming product release. I will update you as soon as further updates will be available.

Many Thanks,

Still not resolved?

Hi Azeem,

Please try using Aspose.Slides for Java 3.0.0. I have observed the issue resolved using this latest version. For your kind reference, I have also attached the generated PDF files as well.

Many Thanks,

Hi I am trying to save the attached files to PDF format but getting following exception for “all+slides+layout.pptx” file

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.AssertionError:
at com.aspose.slides.b.a.b.a.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.n.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.n.for(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.X.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.X.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.f.n.for(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.f.y.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.Q.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.f.y.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.P.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.P.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.J.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.i.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.q.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.a.i.d.L.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.xV.if(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.PresentationEx.save(Unknown Source)

and for “all+slides+layout-2003.ppt” file, getting following exception

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 5
at com.aspose.slides.AutoShape.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.AutoShape.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Slide.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Slide.saveToAps(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.xj.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.xj.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.for(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.Presentation.saveToPdf(Unknown Source)

Sample code for doing this
================================================
Presentation pptPresentation = new Presentation(“D:/Softin/ILV/docs/all+slides+layout-2003.ppt”);
//PresentationEx pptPresentation = new PresentationEx(“D:/Softin/ILV/docs/all+slides+layout.pptx”);
String convertedDocPath=“D:/temp/all+slides+layout-2003_”+System.currentTimeMillis()+".pdf";
pptPresentation.saveToPdf(convertedDocPath);
/pptPresentation.save(convertedDocPath,SaveFormat.Pdf);

====================================================

Hi Azeem,

I have observed the presentation files shared by you and have been able to reproduce the issues with presentation on exporting to PDF.

• An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33589 has been created to resolve the all slides layout.pptx export to PDF issue.
  • An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33590 has been created to resolve the all slides layout.ppt export to PDF issue.
  • An issue with ID SLIDESJAVA-33591 has been created to resolve the all slides layout-2003.ppt export to PDF issue.

This thread has been linked with the issues so that you may be automatically notified once the issues will be resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

I am facing this problem with many files other than this, Is there some patch release expected to fix this?

Thanks,
Azeem

Hi Azeem,

I regret to share that the issues shared have just been created and have not been scheduled for investigation due to already pending issues in pipeline. Actually, issues are scheduled for investigation based on customer subscription level and then on first come first service for normal customers. Then based on priority as well as complexity of issues after initial investigation by our development team the issues are scheduled for investigation. I will really appreciate your cooperation in terms of waiting till our development team schedule the issues for investigation and resolve them. Secondly, please do share the other sample presentations incurring issues on our end and we will try to resolve them as well.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33590;SLIDESJAVA-33589) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-33591) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.