Text that is not hidden appears to be when inspected using Aspose.Words

I’ve attached two files to this post - one Word document with Chinese characters in the file name, and one with the code I used to repro this issue. None of the text in that document is formatted as Hidden, however the repro code says that Aspose has found 460 different runs that have text formatted as Hidden. This is a problem for us, as our tool is often used to remove hidden text from Word documents, and in this case it’s deleting most of the text in the document.

All of the hidden text that’s found is from the table that makes up most of the document. For instance, the top left cell has the text “序号”, and when debugging, that is one of the first runs that’s found to be hidden. Checking the font properties from Word does not show the hidden attribute, but when analyzed as part of an Aspose.Words.Run, the Font.IsHidden property is true.

When I try it with English text, the same thing happens, so I don’t think it’s the language that’s the problem - it just happens that the client who discovered this issue was working with some Chinese clients at the time.

Is there some better way I should be using to find the text that’s actually formatted as hidden in this document and others like it? Is it possible that the text being in a table is causing a problem, or that some aspect of how the table is formatted is causing this, maybe?

Thanks for any help on this - it’s quite important to our client.

– Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-13429. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Can we get an update on this issue, by any chance? Clients are requesting an update, so any information on it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. Our product team has completed the analysis of your issue and the root cause has been identified. We have asked for the ETA of this issue from our product team. As soon as any information is shared by them, we will be more than happy to share that with you.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Just checking in again - has the dev team mentioned when this fix might make into an update? Our client continues to ask for more information on this issue.

Thank you,

Michael Whalen

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your inquiry. We do understand your situation; however, I am afraid, at the moment there is no ETA available for your issue. We have asked again from our product team about the ETA of this issue. We will inform you once there is any update available on this issue.

We are really very sorry for your inconvenience.