Text to HTML conversion

I know it is possible to convert an existing .doc file to an .html file using Aspose.Words, but what I would like to know is it possible to take output from a database column (text pasted from a word document) and convert it to HTML? I have a column in my database that is cut and pasted from word documents so it has the word tags imbeded inside. Our goal is to have this data cleaned up and converted to HTML as if we had converted the .doc file straight to HTML instead. Is this possible?
This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hello!
Thank you for your interest in Aspose.Words.
That’s not clear for me how you pasted a part of a Word document somewhere with all formatting (Word tags as you mention) retained. How does it look – text or binary? Please attach one of these samples.
MS Word document format is binary. So it can be accesses only programmatically by software that “understands” it. Documents are not stored by any parts. If you cut anything from a Word document and save separately then the cut fragment becomes a Word document itself. Anything else should be considered as another format. This means you can just read a binary object (BLOB) from your database and load it with Aspose.Words. Have you tried doing this? If you succeed you can save the document in any supported format, in particular HTML.
Please let us know further details. Your feedback is much appreciated.
Regards,