Text-to-speech issues after multiple conversions

Hello,

I am converting Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents to PDF/A-2a but I’m having some accessibility issues with the resulting pdf.

From what I’ve read, the only way to perform this conversion is to first convert Word/Excel/Powerpoint to pdf (using aspose-word/cells/slides) and then from pdf to pdf/A-2a (using aspose-pdf). I have tried it and it seems to work from a visual perspective.

However, when trying to use text-to-speech (TTS) with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (and likely other non-OCR readers) the result is not as expected. All the conversions seem to work and support TTS in isolation, but not together.

This means that:
Word/Excel/Powerpoint ==> Pdf (works)
Pdf ==> Pdf/A-2a (works)
Word/Excel/Powerpoint ==> Pdf ==> Pdf/A-2a (does NOT work)

Aspose-word/cells/slides supports direct conversion to Pdf/A-1 (which works) but in my scenario where I want a pdf/A-2a I need to go through aspose-pdf (from what I’ve read in other support tickets).
Are there any settings I can tweak to make sure it doesn’t break or is it a bug?

I attached sample documents and a .NET program that does all these conversions.
PdfConversions.zip (224.8 KB)

@lars.olsson,

Thanks for sharing further details.

We have logged an investigation ticket as PDFNET-48247 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into details of it and keep you posted with the status of its resolution. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.