TextAbsorber returning garbage data

Hi,

I am using TextAbsorber to read text from pdf’s. This is working well for most pdf’s. But there are some files where I can see the text when I view the pdf, but TextAbsorber is returning garbage such as “&200(5&,$/,1685$1&($33/,&$7,2”

Has anyone ran into this and knows what could be causing this? Is there a workaround?

1 Like

@samium

Thanks for your inquiry.

Would you please share your sample PDF document with us. We will test the scenario in our environment and address it accordingly.

I sent you an email with PDF attached. Thanks!

@samium

I am afraid that we did not receive any email. In case you do not want to share the file in forums, you can send it in a private message. Please click over username and press Message button to send private message.

Here is the file: bad.pdf (143.0 KB)

@samium

Thanks for sharing requested document.

We were able to replicate the issue using Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.2 in our environment. Hence, we have logged it as PDFNET-46049 in our issue tracking system for the sake of detailed investigation. We will further look into details of the issue and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us little time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for looking into this. Is there a way I can check on the status of PDFNET-46049. Or if you have an eta on a fix can you let me know please.

@samium

Thanks for your inquiry.

As issue has recently been logged in our issue tracking system, I am afraid that it is pending for review. Please note that issues are investigated/resolved on first come first serve basis in free support model and there are large number of issues in the queue which were logged prior to yours. However, we will surely keep you informed in case any additional updates are available regarding issue resolution. Please spare us little time.

Can anyone tell me the status of this ticket? I don’t see it in any of the release notes. I too am experiencing the same issue using AsposePDF v20.5.0

Thanks,
Scott

@schappa

Regretfully the issue is not yet resolved due to other pending high priority issues. We will surely inform within this forum thread as soon as it is resolved. Please spare us some time.