We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

TextArea displaying partial data

Hi ,

I am facing issue when I transform a html file which has around 2000 character into a PDF. In PDF it is displaying only few character. He we want to display all data that html has in its TextArea into PDF.

Please find attached html and generated PDF for your easy reference.

Thanks,
Prasanta

Hi Prasanta,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the scenario using new DOM approach for HTML to PDF conversion and unable to notice the reported issue, a multi-line text box field contains complete text. Please use new approach for HTML to PDF conversion, it will resolve the issue.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Hi Tilal,
Thanks for quick reply. I am using following code to transform html into pdf.

Java code :
Document pdf = new Document(htmlFile,new com.aspose.pdf.HtmlLoadOptions());
pdfDocument.flatten();
pdf.save(pdfFile);
I have tested again . TextArea data looks good when flatten() method is not invoked on document object. But when I am calling flatten() method on Document object to make PDF read only then it appears like static Text Field.
Also I tried calling flatten() after saving PDF. The result is same. Can you please have a look.

Thanks,
Prasanta

Hi Prasanta,

Thanks for sharing additional information. I have tested the scenario with flatten() method and managed to observe the reported issue. For further investigation, I have logged an issue in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWJAVA-35268 and also linked your request to it. We will keep you updated via this thread regarding the issue status.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;color:#333333;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;
mso-fareast-language:EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Best Regards,

Tilal,

I am Lakshman Pallothu from Intralinks.
We don’t want to do password protection on pdf conversion. But we do need pdf read only.
When we make pdf read only it’s messing html elements (Check box, Drop down and Text Area)
We did tried with new jar provided but no luck. Please help with this ASAP.
We have a project dead line in Jan 2016. This is very important for us.

Hi Lakshman,

Thanks for your inquiry. Can you please share some more details about the process how you are making read-only your PDF? and please share your sample document as well. Furthermore, I am afraid your above reported issue is still not resolved as we have recently noticed it and it is pending for investigation in the queue with other issues, reported earlier. However we have recorded your concern and will keep you updated about the issue resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Tilal,

I was trying to follow up on the pdf making read only (by calling pdfDocument.flatten(); ) giving issues. Please check the thread we gave sample and you were able to re-produce it. You also mentioned you logged a defect PDFNEWJAVA-35268 for the same.

We are noticing following issues when we do flatten

{code}
pdfDocument.flatten();
pdf.save(pdfFile);
{code}

1. Check box items missing the border.
2. Text area showing partial data.
3. Drop down shows like text input. Same thing for calendar.

Can you providet us update on the above issues?

lpallothu:
I was trying to follow up on the pdf making read only (by calling pdfDocument.flatten(); ) giving issues. Please check the thread we gave sample and you were able to re-produce it. You also mentioned you logged a defect PDFNEWJAVA-35268 for the same.
Hi Lakshman,

Thanks for your patience.

The product team has started investigating the issue reported earlier but due to some technical difficulties and complexity of issue, its not yet resolved. However as soon as we have some definite updates, we will let you know.

lpallothu:
We are noticing following issues when we do flatten

{code}
pdfDocument.flatten();
pdf.save(pdfFile);
{code}

1. Check box items missing the border.
2. Text area showing partial data.
3. Drop down shows like text input. Same thing for calendar.

Can you providet us update on the above issues?
Are you facing above stated issues with same HTML document shared earlier or its appearing for some other files. If its occurring for other files, please share the resource files, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for your inconvenience.