Textbox with vertical text opening with OpenOffice not working

I’m trying to add a textbox with some text inside. I need the text to be displayed as (bottom -> up):

t
x
e
t

y
M

When I try to add the textbox into an ODT file the text will appear horizontally but I need it vertical (bottom -> top). Sometimes the document becomes unformatted.

If I open the document with OpenOffice and align the text correctly, and then using Aspose Words and save it as PDF it shows the text horizontally again. Basically Aspose Words seems not to understand when the text is to be displayed vertically when using ODT files.

In attachment you may see like it it and like I need it. You may also see a small demo of what I’m doing.
Can you help me?

Hi
Abel,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response. I am working over your query and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Hi Abel,

Thanks for your patience. I have managed to reproduce a couple of issues here.

1) Normally, TextBox.LayoutFlow enumeration is used to determine the flow of the text layout in a textbox Shape. For some reasons, Aspose.Words is unable to reflect this property when saving document to ODT format. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-6669.

2) If you specify vertical text position in TextBox Shape by using OpenOffice Writer and then render that ODT document to fixed page formats e.g. PDF, then the vertical text becomes Horizontal. I have logged this issue too in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-6670.

Your request has been linked to both of these issues and you will be notified as soon as these are resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Moreover, I would suggest you please take a look at the following article on Drawing Object Features Supported on OpenDocument Import:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/drawing-object-features-supported-on-opendocument-import/

Best Regards,

Dear Awais Hafeez,
Could you make a check point about the WORDSNET-6669 and WORDSNET-6670.
We are dealing with some problems in our clients because this functionality it´s not working and we need to solve urgently this question.
We appreciate your comprehension.
Best regardsv

Hi Abel,

Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delayed response.

I have verified the status of WORDSNET-6669 and WORDSNET-6670 from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that both of these issues have been postponed. I am afraid, we cannot push them into production right now because there are many other important issues we have to work on. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as there are any further developments. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi Awais Hafeez,
Thanks for your feedback. For us, this issue it is very important, can you provide us an date for delivery it in production.
Without this issue solved, we can’t close an huge project with our costumer, and the costumer will fail an internationl auditing process that will occur 08-10-2012.
I’m waiting for quickly news,
Regards
Abel Espirito Santo,

Hi Abel,

Thanks for your patience. We understand that these issues are important to you and it is unfortunate that the issues have not yet been fixed. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Although we try our best to deal with every customer request in a timely fashion, we unfortunately cannot guarantee a delivery date to every customer issue. Our developers work on issues on a first come, first served basis. We feel this is the fairest and most appropriate way to satisfy the needs of the majority of our customers.

That being said, we fully understand that you are keen to get a fix to your particular issues, please have a look at this page - https://helpdesk.aspose.com/kb/faq/2-Developer-Business-Support-Key-Benefits-Conditions - purchasing Priority Support will allow you to post your issues in our Priority Support forum and raise the priority of these issues directly with our development teams, if possible, we will then aim to get a resolution to your issue as soon as we can. Many Priority Support customers find that this leads to their issue being fixed in the next release of the software.

If you would like to take advantage of Priority Support then please request a quote in our purchase forum - https://forum.aspose.com/c/purchase/6

Best Regards,

Hi Abel,

Thanks for being patient.

Regarding WORDSNET-6669, our development team has completed the work on your issue and has come to a conclusion that they won’t be able to implement the fix to your issue. Your issue (WORDSNET-6669) is now closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution.

The problem occurs because ShapeAttr.TextboxLayoutFlow is not supported in current version of Aspose.Words and there are no direct analogues of it in ODT specs. MS Word does not support it too.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6670) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.