Textfields in Word

Hi,

I have a document which contains grouped textfields in a table. The textfields are directly editable (see attachment1 and original.docx).
Open
the document using Aspose.Words .NET 14.9.0.0 and saving it to new
DOCX-file, the editable fields are no longer directly editable (see and saved.docx).

Aspose.Words.Document doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(filePath);
doc.Save(newFilePath);

Saving the DOCX-file to PDF or HTML, the textfields lose the formatting. (see PDF- and HTML-folder in attachments).

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your inquiry.

*Rossmanith:

I have a document which contains grouped textfields in a table. The textfields are directly editable (see attachment1 and original.docx).
Open the document using Aspose.Words .NET 14.9.0.0 and saving it to new DOCX-file, the editable fields are no longer directly editable (see and saved.docx).*

We have already logged this issue as WORDSNET-10884 in our issue tracking system. We will update you via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

*Rossmanith:

Saving the DOCX-file to PDF or HTML, the textfields lose the formatting. (see PDF- and HTML-folder in attachments).*

Could you please share some more detail about this query? I have not found the formatting issue in output Pdf and HTML.

Hi,

thanks for your fast reply.
I checked the PDF and HTML again and can´t find any formatting issues.
I´m sorry.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to ask if you have any question about Aspose.Words, we will be happy to help you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-10884) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hi,

I have tested your fix and found no significant improvements.
Have a look on attached file which compares the original file and the restored file.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your inquiry. The issue reported in this forum thread is WORDSNET-10884 (textfields are directly editable issue). This issue has been fixed in latest version of Aspose.Words.

Could you please attach your original input Word document here for testing along with issue detail? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Hi,

attached you can find the original input word and the saved word file.

In the saved file, I can´t move the shape. In original input file I can.
Please have a look for the attached comparison.docx-file.

The directly editable issue is fixed, but the saved file is no longer the same file than the original file is.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have tested the scenario using following code example and have not found the shared issue. Please check the attached output document. I have tested this issue at Windows 7 (64 bit), .NET Framework 4.0.

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "original.docx");
doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.docx");

It would be great if you please share following detail for further investigations.

• If you are using the same above code example, please share your code here to reproduce this issue.
  • What environment are you running on?
  • Operating System
  • Architecture (32 / 64 bit)
  • .NET Framework version

Hi,

thanks for your support.

I have tested using your code example and have not found the issue.
But I have found that calling doc.UpdateFields() before saving, the issue is adjustable.

Please try following code:

Document doc = new Document(MyDir + "original.docx");
doc.UpdateFields();
doc.Save(MyDir + "Out.docx");

I´m using Windows 7 (32 bit).

Attached you can find the results of my tests.

Hi Marc,

Thanks for sharing the detail. I have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-11156. I have linked this forum thread to the same issue and you will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-11156) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.