TextStamp.setYIndent() in PDF doesn't work

I’m trying to apply a TextStamp watermark in a PDF document by following the instruction at http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/pdfjava/Adding+Text+Stamp+in+PDF+File. I want to place a simple text watermark at a co-ordinate without any rotation, using,

//set origin
textStamp.setXIndent(100);
textStamp.setYIndent(100);

The resultant textstamp, for the setYIndent() is always at the bottom of the document,
for a positive value.  A negative value doesn’t show the stamp at all.  Question:  Is
there a documentation of what these 100-argument values mean?  Pixels, characters,
millimeters?

I don’t see any explanation for the X and Y values in either Java or Net version of
Stamp.setXIndent() and Stamp.setYIdent().

In general, is there any description of any Aspose class methods and their parameters
anywhere I can look into?  There must be somewhere, right?

Anyway, can you advise on how I can place a text stamp of a specific location on a PDF
page?

Thanks,
An

I’m using aspose-pdf-9.3.0-jdk16.

%%

Hi An,

We are sorry for the confusion. Please note as described in documentation that Point is measuring unit of Aspose Pdf and 72 points=1 Inch. In case of A4 page size, coordinates of lower left corner are (0,0) and top right corner are (594,841).

Moreover, as you are setting X and Y coordinates values to 100, so stamp is being added at the bottom of Page. Hopefully it will clear you the use of X/Y coordinates in Aspose.Pdf.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Thank you for the clarification on the co-ordinates. I think it would be helpful to add the info about the lower-left-corner being (0,0) and about the top right corner (594,841) for A4 page to the documentation.

An

Hi An,

Thanks for your feedback. It is good to know that shared information works for you.

Please keep using our API and feel free to ask any question or concern. We will me more than happy to extend our support.

Best Regards,