The conditional formatting gets changed in the output file by Aspose.Cells for Java

Hi we are using Aspose.Cells for Java v2.1 as part of our Aspose.Total licence.

We have a problem where an excel workbook that contains conditional formatting is opened and then saved using Aspose.Cells. The conditional formatting gets really messed up when strikethroughs are used in the formatting.

I have two examples, one that is attached that shows a before and after file. You can see that the conditional formatting of the strikethroughs is removed on the “after” file for the cell with the number 44444 in it. The other example is much more complex and comes directly from our customer, in this example all cells are being marked with a strikethrough in the “after” file. I cannot post this directly on to an open forum as it contains customer information, but I am happy to share directly with a support engineer.

I have written a very simple test method so the problem can highlighted easilly As you can see this code does nothing else but open and then save the file.

public static void testExcel( String path, String filename )
throws Exception
{

FileInputStream fis = null;
FileOutputStream fos = null;
try
{
fis = new FileInputStream( new File( path + filename ) );
File outputFile = new File( path + “output\” + “after_” + filename );
outputFile.createNewFile();
fos = new FileOutputStream( outputFile );
Workbook mExcelWorkbookObj;
mExcelWorkbookObj = new Workbook();
int formatType = mExcelWorkbookObj.getFileFormatType();
System.out.println( "open it, formatType = " + formatType );
mExcelWorkbookObj.open( fis );
System.out.println( “save it” );
mExcelWorkbookObj.save( fos, formatType );
System.out.println( “done” );
}
catch ( Exception e )
{
System.out.println( "error = " + e );
}
}

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Regards
Mike

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the template file.

We found the issue ( the strike through conditional formatting effect is eliminated on A4 cell). We will figure it out soon.

Your issue has been logged into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSJAVA-17635.

Thank you.

Good stuff, I have a much more complicated sample that Id like you to test any fix against, but I dont want to post here as it contains customer data, do you have an email address I can send to?

Hi,

We are working to fix your issue and will provide you the fix soon.

I think after getting the fix, your may check the fix with your other complicated cases if it works fine with them. If you find the issue then you may post your other project to us for the evaluation.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version, we have fixed the issue regarding conditional formatting.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 17635) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.