The data source of the pivot table is null

Hello guys,

I have found a strange behavior on the pivot table. I create a very simple pivot table in Excel without the checkbox “Add this data to the data model”. Then the data source is filled and I can work with the pivot table. If I activate the checkbox then the DataSource in Aspose.Cells is “null” (see screenshot).

Screenshot1.png (11.4 KB)

I have also attached an example application.
In Excel the data source is also displayed (see screenshot).

Screenshot2.png (16.6 KB)

This is a very simple pivot table. I am using the current version 21.6.0.
If I use the method “RefreshData” I get an error message if I have set the checkbox, otherwise not.

PivotTableNoDataSource.zip (6.1 MB)

Thanks for your support.

@akquinet,

We are sorry but currently Aspose.Cells does not support to manipulate or calculate PivotTable with data model. A ticket was already logged with an id “CELLSNET-47434” for it.

So far, we have done some extensive work on the feature. But, due to incomplete technical documents, many important technical points cannot be broken through. For example, we could not overcome fully on data encryption and decryption, data organization and internal logic, etc. We also tried to guess and implement the internal logic of the feature based on experience, but we failed to implement the requirement in the end. Anyways, we will continue to explore the implementation of this feature, but we cannot provide a specific timeframe for it.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

Thanks for the detailed information.
If there is a solution to this, I am very excited to test it.
Have a nice day.

@akquinet,

We are sorry but there is no workaround for it. Once we will support the feature then you may test it.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!