The embedded font 'Arial Unicode MS' is not found

Hi,

I’m getting an error using Aspose PDF. As far as I can see it only happens with one on my PDFs/inputs. The rest are working fine. I have tried to compare the one that fails with other, but can’t really see a difference. I also tried to reproduce the bug locally with copies of the production databases, but with no luck.

2018-12-06 15:43:49,758 [29] ERROR HandleErrorAndDoLogging: [Unhandled exception] User: xxx
Exception: System.ApplicationException: The embedded font 'Arial Unicode MS' is not found. Make sure that you set correct path to the font file. ---> System.ApplicationException: Font 'Arial Unicode MS' not found. Please make sure the customer font file is correctly set.
   at .ˆ.‹(Ÿ , String , String , Boolean )
   at .†.(Ÿ , String , String , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , String , Boolean )
   at .†.‹(Ÿ , String , String , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , String , Boolean )
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at .†.‹(String , Boolean , String , Exception )
   at .†.‹(Ÿ , String , String , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , String , Boolean )
   at .Ÿ.‹(String , String , Boolean , Boolean , Boolean , String , Boolean )
   at .Ÿ.‹(TextInfo )
   at .†.‹(Text , Pdf ,  , Int32 , Segment , Int32 )
   at .†.Œ(Pdf , Section , Table , Row , Cell , Text ,  , ‹ , Boolean )
   at .œ.‹(Pdf , Section , HeaderFooter , Table , Row , Cell , Text ,  , ‹ , Boolean )
   at ..‹(Pdf , Section ,  )
   at ..‹(Pdf )
   at ..‹( , Pdf )
   at Aspose.Pdf.Generator.Pdf.Save(Stream stream)

I have looked at this thread but can’t find where the cached files is.

Is anyone able to guide me in the right direction?

Best regards,
Cathinka

@cathinka

Thank you for contacting support.

We are afraid that you are working with very old and outdated version of the API. Whereas, support is available based on latest available version which includes more features and bug fixes. Kindly upgrade to Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.12 in your environment and then share your kind feedback with us.

In case the issue persists then please share narrowed down code snippet and source PDF document so that we may try to reproduce and investigate it in our environment.

Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply @Farhan.Raza.
I will try to look at upgrading.

But I am wondering, is there an easy way to reset the cache as a temporary solution?

Best regards,
Cathinka

@cathinka

Please note that the API has been restructured and many modifications as well as enhancements have been incorporated in latest version, so we are afraid previously applicable solution may not be a way out of this situation. In case the issue persists with latest version than we will reproduce and investigate it in our environment to help you out.