The Excel 2007 format file generated by Aspose.Cells seems different from the file created by Excel 2007

Hi,

I use Aspose.Cells to generate a Excel 2007 format file for importing into 3rd party applications.

But the 3rd party application could not recognize the file generated by Aspose.

To check this issue, I did the following test.

1. Open the file using Excel 2007. ==> No problems.

2. Save this file as new one using Excel 2007 and import the newly saved file. ==> No problems.

According to the findings above, I suspect there might be differences between Aspose file and Excel 2007 file.

So I unzip the both xlsx files and use a text comparison tool to compare them.

I find a significant difference in the worksheet XML (sheet1.xml). Please see the comparison report "FolderComparisonReport.mht" and click Report 4 at the right bottom area of the first page for details.

To verify my assumption, I replace the sheet1.xml in Aspose file by the one in Excel 2007 file, then import it in the 3rd party application. AND IT WORKS!!!

Please help on this. Thanks.

Tim

Note:

The machine with 3rd party application has no Excel 2007 installed. To import Excel 2007 file, I installed Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 driver and it works fine with the files generated by Excel 2007 but no Aspose.Cells.

Maybe the ACE.OLEDB driver somehow could not interpret the file generated by Aspose.Cells?

Here is the code for generate the file.

Dim wb As Workbook = New Workbook
Dim ws As Worksheet = wb.Worksheets(0)

ws.Cells("A1").PutValue("Subscriber")
ws.Cells("B1").PutValue("Phone")
For i As Integer = 2 To 35
ws.Cells("A" + i.ToString).PutValue("A" + i.ToString)
ws.Cells("B" + i.ToString).PutValue(i)
Next i

wb.Save("c:\Generated By Aspose.xlsx")

Just give you more information regarding to this issue.

I am able to reproduce this issue using SQL Server 2008 as the 3rd party applicatoin.

Here are the steps I did.

1. Find a machine with SQL Server 2008 installed. (Don't install Excel 2007 on this machine.)

2. Install Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 driver on this machine. The driver could be downloaded from MSDN.

3. Try to import the file provided in my first post into any DB within SQL 2008, then you will see SQL 2008 Import Wizard poping-up the same message as what I saw in my application.

For your reference.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing further information. We will look into your issue and get back to you.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Please add a line in your code before you Save the xlsx file:

workbook.SaveOptions.ExpCellNameToXLSX = true;

Kindly let us know if you still find any difference.

Thank you

Importing works fine after applying this option to true.

Thanks for your help.

Tim