The 'From' E-Mail address is blank in ListMessages from ExchangeClient

Hello Aspose,

I’m trying to get the actual email address of the ‘From’ using the IEWSClient.ListMessages method. When I look at the ‘From’ property of the ExchangeMessageInfo object that gets returned the ‘Address’ property is an empty string. The ‘DisplayName’ property has the actual display name, which is fine, but I need the actual e-mail address with the ‘@’ in it. Please let me know how I can achieve this.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for writing to Aspose support team.

I have tested the scenario using other third part library as given here and observed that it does not return the complete FROM email address.

Hence this does not seem to be an issue with Aspose.Email and this information cannot be retrieved using ListMessages. You may please fetch the complete message to retrieve the from email address and other relevant information.

Please feel free to write us back if you have any other query in this regard.

I guess I’m a little confused on why you were testing with a different vendors DLL??? I was able to get what I needed using FetchMessage. Thanks for getting back so quickly.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

The results of testing with another vendor’s DLLs were shared with you just for the behavior of EWS how it works. Its good to know that FetchMessage served the purpose of your requirements and if you have any other query/inquiry in this regard,please feel free to write to us.