The generated PDF file size is too large when multiple EMF files are inserted

I am running into the same problem where I am converting a large number of word documents to pdf using aspose words and I am finding that the pfd files are on average almost 100k or twice as large at the source word document.

I did a couple of examples of converting with aspose and then converting the same file by saving it through word and the aspose files are significantly larger.

Three tests are:

Doc Desc Sourc doc Aspose pdf Convert Word to Pdf Convert
Small number of words 9KB 27KB 3KB
13 pages of text 23KB 222KB 159KB
Text and embedded 20,830KB 6,883KB 1,153KB

I need to convert and store thousands of documents that will mostly be in the middle (text) category. Is there anything I can do to improve the conversion rate?
Hi Logan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please zip and attach your input Word documents and corresponding PDF files here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

I cannot post them to a public forum. Would it be possible to send them to you in a secure way?

Hi Logan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that it is safe to attach files in this forum. If you attach your documents here, only you and Aspose staff members can download them. Also you can zip your documents and send the file to my e-mail as described here:

How to send your license file to an Aspose staff member?
Best regards,