The Results Returned Are Different between Aspose.Slides 21.2 and Aspose.Slides 23.12 when Saving the Password-Protected PPT File

Hi Aspose team, when I saved the attached PPT sample (have password), the results returned were different:

• Aspose Slides 21.2: throw InvalidPasswordException
  • Aspose Slides 23.12: save successfully

Please explain to me the reason for that problem. Thank you.
Here is the code, I using .NET5:

try
{
    using(var inputStream = new FileStream(inputFile, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.ReadWrite))
    {
        presentation = new Presentation(inputStream);
        presentation.Save(outputFile, SaveFormat.Ppt);
    }
}
catch(InvalidPasswordException)
{
    retVal = 1;
}

sample.zip (3.2 MB)

@dunghnguyen,
Thank you for contacting support.

To better understand the issue, could you please describe the expected results?

Hi @andrey.potapov, I would consider this an improvement so no description of expected results. Can you explain to me why there are that differences and which Aspose Slides version it was changed from?

@dunghnguyen,
Thank you for the clarification. I have reproduced the difference in the behavior of Aspose.Slides in different versions.

We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will consider the question according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): SLIDESNET-44410

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@dunghnguyen,
Our developers have investigated the case. The Aspose.Slides behavior you encountered is correct under the given conditions. The behavior has changed since version 23.12 as a result of improvements. Previously this did not work correctly.