Throw Error If Font not Found

Hi,
I’m currently switching from Words + PDF to Words 8.1 for PDF conversion. Aspose.PDF has an option to throw an error if a font that is used in the template is not available (pdf.IsFontNotFoundExceptionThrown = true). How can I do this in Aspose.Words?
Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your request. There is no such option in Aspose.Words. We will consider adding an event, which would fire if Aspose.Words cannot find some font. I linked your request to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,

Is there any news on this issue? Have you decided to build it? Do you have an estimate when it will be build?
For our customers, it’s quite dangerous that there is no warning if a font is not found. Do you know if I can check myself after the document has been created if all the fonts that are used in the template are available on te server or in the resulting PDF?

Best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, this issues is still unresolved. We will let you know once this feature is available.
You can check which fonts are installed on your PC and which fonts are using in the document. To get list of installed fonts, you should just read registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE * SOFTWARE * Microsoft * Windows NT * CurrentVersion * Fonts

You can use DocumentVisitor to get list of fonts used in the document by looping through all nodes and styles.
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/documentvisitor/
Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Hi Alexey,
Thanks for yor quick reply. I will try the workaround, thanks a lot.
The status is not clear to me now. I do understand that it has not been resolved. But have you decided to change it? In what version will it be available?
best regards,
Chris Vrolijk

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, the issue is not scheduled yet. So I cannot tell you in which version this feature will be available. However, I added your request into my monthly report. This should push the issue up in the priority list. We will let you know once there is some progress with this issue.
Best regards.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-2217) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(32)