We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Thumbnail of slide not being created correctly (wrong scale)

Hi,

I’m using the latest version of Aspose.Slides (4.1.1.0) in an ASP.NET 2.0 web application, and have come across an issue where it’s not correctly generating the thumbnail for a POTX file. Some elements of the slide are missing and the scale looks incorrect.

The code to generate the slide is fairly straightforward:

PresentationEx presentation = new PresentationEx(inputFile);
SlideEx slide = presentation.Slides[0];
Image image = slide.GetThumbnail(1f, 1f);
image.Save(“c:\MySlide.jpg”, ImageFormat.Jpeg);

I’ve attached the POTX file which demonstrates this problem, and a copy of the generated image.

Thanks.

Mun

Hi Mun,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have tried to reproduce the issue as specified by you. I have been able to generate the plain thumbnail without any text rendered except the text at the bottom of slide. Actually, when you don't enter any text in the place holders, the default text is not rendered in generated thumbnail. You will not be even able to see such default text in slide show as well. I have generated the slide thumbnail, in which I have added the text in the place holders and that is rendered fine. The only thing that is not rendered in the generated thumbnail is the company logo. For your kind reference, the generated thumbnail is attached.

In order to resolve the issue of missing shape in the rendered slide an issue with ID 16700 has been created in our issue tracking system. This thread has also been associated with the issue, so that you may be automatically notified once the issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Mudassir,

Thanks for getting back to me and supplying the thumbnail. Actually, the main problem is the missing company logo, as this is part of the slide and should be included in the generated thumbnail.

I’ll look out for any alerts from the issue tracking system and hope that this problem can be resolved soon.

Regards,

Mun