TIFF file support

We use Aspose to convert TIFF files to PDF. We recently ran into the attached file from users and are unable to convert it. Is this something you supports?

Hi John,

Thanks
for using our API’s.
<o:p></o:p>

I
have tested the scenario and I am able to notice the same problem. For the sake
of correction, I have logged this problem as PDFNEWNET-39735 in
our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this
problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. Please be
patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

any status on this or an estimate when it will be fixed?

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid we can not share any ETA at the moment, as we have recently noticed the issue and it is still pending for the investigation in the queue with other issues, reported earlier. As soon as our product team completes the analysis of your issue then we will share the ETA. We will keep you updated about the issue resolution progress.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

The customer changed the TIFF format because we could not get it to work. The issue now is it takes 3 minutes to convert a 37 MB TIFF file to PDF. Does that sound correct?

Hi John,

Thanks for contacting support.

The time taken by API depends upon the structure and complexity of input file. However if you are interested in getting optimized results for your image file, please share the artifact so that we can test the scenario in our environment.

the file is too large to upload. it is 37 MB. Is there another way to send it?

Hi John,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. You can share it via some free file sharing service e.g. Dropbox, Onedrive etc.

Best Regards,

large TIFF file.

Please inform me once it has been retrieved.

Hi John,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have downloaded the shared TIFF file and I am unable to convert TIFF to PDF, facing same issue as my colleague noticed in above logged issue i.e. “A generic error occurred in GDI+”. As per your above post you are able to convert the large TIFF file but facing performance issue, we will appreciate it if you please share your environment details and sample console application. We will investigate the issue and will guide you accordingly.

Best Regards,
I get the same error on a Windows 2012 server, however, when I run the code on a Windows 10 machine I do not get the error.

John

Any idea why it would work on windows 10?

Is it a permissions issue?

John

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing the details.

We have not yet tested the scenario on Windows 10 but we are working on testing it on said environment and will keep you posted with our findings.
Hi John,

jbourds:
I get the same error on a Windows 2012 server, however, when I run the code on a Windows 10 machine I do not get the error.

Thanks for your feedback. I have tested the scenario on Windows 10 and noticed the performance issue, so logged a ticket PDFNEWNET-40147 in our issue tracking system for further investigation and resolution. We will notify you as soon as it is resolved.

Furthermore, exception issue of same file on Windows 7 and Windows 12 will be investigated in already reported issue (PDFNEWNET-39735). We will keep you updated about the issue resolution.

Best Regards,
Hi John,

jbourds:
Any idea why it would work on windows 10?

Is it a permissions issue?

John

Thanks for your inquiry. We will investigate this issue in PDFNEWNET-40147 ticket and will update you accordingly.

Best Regards,

Any status on this issue?

Hi John,

Thanks for your patience.

The issues reported earlier are still pending for review as the team has been busy fixing other previously reported priority issues. As soon as we have some further updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.

Your patience and comprehension is greatly appreciated in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-39735) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.7.