TIFF Rendering Resolution and Image Dimensions

I am trying to render to TIFF a simple HTML string so that the resulting TIFF is 8.5 x 11 inches and 225 DPI. However, when I tried the code below, it gives a TIFF with 96 DPI that is 25.78 x 19.92 inches:

Document doc = new Document();
DocumentBuilder db = new DocumentBuilder(doc);
db.InsertHtml("Hello");
Aspose.Words.Rendering.ImageOptions imgOptions = new Aspose.Words.Rendering.ImageOptions();
imgOptions.Resolution = 225;
imgOptions.TiffCompression = Aspose.Words.Rendering.TiffCompression.Ccitt4;
doc.SaveToImage(0, 1, "test.tif", imgOptions);

I tried both of the following methods of setting the page size:

doc.Sections[0].PageSetup.PaperSize = PaperSize.Letter;
db.PageSetup.PaperSize = PaperSize.Letter;

Thanks,
Shamir

Hi

Thanks for your request. This is the issue #7835 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed. The problem only occurs with Ccitt3, Ccitt4 and Rle compression. Therefore, as a workaround, you can try using another compression type.
Best regards,

Hello,
I’m now using the latest version of Aspose Words but the issue seems still there. Despite the resolution setting it always ends up as 96 DPI.
I have to use the theCitt4 compression. Can you tell me when this is fixed, or is there a hotfix?
Regards,
Peter

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved and currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards,

Hello Andrey,

I searched the forums on this issue and it seems to originate from the beginning of 2009. Can I expect a hotfix this year? It’s a crucial function of the product, would be nice to see this bug fixed.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I cannot promise you anything regarding this issue at the moment. I added your request to my monthly report, so its priority will be increased. I will notify you as soon as the problem is resolved.
Best regards,

Hello,

Great, thanks for the priority increase!

Best regards,

Peter

Hi,

I saw that version 8.0 has been released, but I don’t think #7835 has been solved?

Can I get an update on this issue? Is there a workaround in the meantime?

Thanks.

Peter

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. The only way, I can suggest you to work this problem around it, is using another compression type.

Best regards,

Hello,

I saw that version 8.1.0 has been released and that a lot of bugs are fixed. But 7835 was not one of them. Can you tell me the current priority? Will it be fixed in the next release? Is it possible to receive a hotfix (e.g. so we’ll test it before it will be implemented in the next release)?

Regards,

Pjotr

Hello

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved and currently I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed.
Unfortunately, it is not our common practice to provide custom builds.
Best regards,

*AndreyN:
Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved. You will be notified as soon as it is fixed. The only way, I can suggest you to work this problem around it, is using another compression type.

Best regards,*

I tried the other compression types. The only one usable with 300 dpi is LZW, but that’s always a color image with 32 bit color depth; so not usable for black and white tiff. When using CITT3 it converts to a default 96 dpi. And when using Uncompressed files are larger than 30MB.

Hi

Thank you for additional information. We will let you know once there is some progress with it.
Bets regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 7835) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

great, thanks for fixing.