Tiff XmpData and ExifData is not removed completely from TIFF using Aspose.Imaging for .NET

Hello,

There seems to be an issue with removing XmpData and ExifData from a Tiff file. Observation is, even after removing the XmpData and ExifData from a Tiff file using Apose’s Imaging library, some metadata is still left behind.

One more problem observed is, output file is rendered differently than original.

A zip file is attached herewith containing:

• Sample code snippet
  • Input and Output Tiff files
  • Metadata XML of input and output Tiff files for comparison.

We would like to produce an output file of similar size and quality using Aspose but without any metadata. Could you please look into this and share your findings?

ToAsposeForTiff.zip (2.8 MB)

@dcdeveloper,

I have worked with sample code and source file shared by you. Can you please share desired result along with environment details so that we may further investigate to help you out. Also please share which Aspose.Imaging version you are using on your end.

Hello, thank you for your reply.

What we want to achieve is, an output Tiff file with no metadata from original file. As per our understanding, all metadata is stored in ExifData and XmpData. So, when we open a Tiff image using Aspose, remove it’s ExifData and XmpData, we expect to see no metadata in output tiff file. Something like this: ExpectedOutput.jpg (29.5 KB)

Using Aspose, we could achieve this: Please refer to the attached image with comparison of windows file properties for Source and Output Tiff images. Comparison.jpg (85.3 KB)

Please let me know if we are missing a step in our code sample which was shared with you earlier. Also, please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks again and looking forward to hear from you.

@dcdeveloper,

I have worked with the image shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID IMAGINGNET-3009 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as IMAGINGNET-3009) have been fixed in this update.

Thank you for addressing this issue in release 18.7.

We tried to use the latest version DLLs (18.9) to test the fix and found that original issues can still be seen. It can be observed that some of the metadata tags in TIFF images are not cleaned by Aspose. You may use the same sample code and input file which was attached to the original ticket for verifying this problem.

The metadata tags that are not cleaned and can be seen in Windows Properties are:

1. Tags
  2. Title
  3. Authors
  4. Subject

Expected output: We would like to produce an output file of similar size and quality using Aspose but without any metadata.

Please let us know if you need more details. Looking forward to hear from you.

@dcdeveloper,

I request you to please share the source and generated output received on your end using latest Aspose.Imaging 18.9 on your end. Please also provide the snapshot of issues being observed on your end along with sample code used.

IMAGINGNET-3009.zip (1.9 MB)
A zip file is attached herewith containing:

• Source Tiff image - containing metadata
  • Output Tiff image - generated with Aspose Imaging 18.9
  • Comparison of Windows properties - metadata tags which are left behind after processing with Aspose Imaging 18.9.

Please let us know if you need more details.

@dcdeveloper,

Thank you for sharing the information with us. Please share the used sample code with us so that we may investigate this on our end.

IMAGINGNET-3009.zip (1.9 MB)

Sample code is attached herewith - essentially, same code which was attached to the original ticket - along with:

• Source Tiff image - containing metadata
  • Output Tiff image - generated with Aspose Imaging 18.9
  • Comparison of Windows properties - metadata tags which are left behind after processing with Aspose Imaging 18.9.

@dcdeveloper,

I have worked with the image shared by you and have been able to observe the issue. An issue with ID IMAGINGNET-3137 has been created in our issue tracking system to investigate the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.