To fill HTML Rich Text in PDF Form Field

Hi Sir/Mam,

We are trying to fill an existing PDF form with HTML Rich Text content using the code similar to the one in the below url post. But the code suggested in the post doesnt seem to fix the issue still in Aspose.PDF7.2.0 version dll. The field type of the 'field1' mentioned in the below piece of code is returned as MultiLine Text while debugging. Please confirm whether we are missing anything or whether the issue still exists in Aspose.PDF 7.2.0 version as well. Please help in fixing this issue ASAP, as its an high priority issue that we face and will have to deliver to client ASAP.

https://forum.aspose.com/t/97951

string htmlText = "

Test content

• One
  • Two

;

var pdf = new Document("input.pdf");

var richTBF = pdf.Form["field1"] as RichTextBoxField;

richTBF.RValue = htmlText;

pdf.Save("output.pdf");

Thanks for helping in it.

Adding to it, the value thats filled in the generated PDF just contains the text 'Test contentOneTwo' and it doesnt display the text in paragraph format or as bulletin format as expected.

Hi,

Can you please respond to this request ASAP, as we are nearing the Client Demo for this feature. Please let me know whether you need the Aspose.PDF license information to process the request.

Thanks.

Hi Jerrold,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. I’m afraid the subjected issue has not been fixed yet. While testing with latest version, I’ve found another formatting issue and logged as PDFNEWNET-34900 in our issue tracking system. Our development team is already working on rich text box control and hopefully html text value formatting issue will be fixed in coming release. However, we’ll keep you updated via this forum thread regarding issue progress.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

Thanks a lot for your immediate response. Can you please suggest whether there is any other way to assign HTML formated text (which can be rendered properly with all the HTML styles in the HTML formated text thats assigned to the field) to a PDF Form Field. It will be really grateful if you could suggest some alternate way to get this fix done.

Thanks a lot for helping in it.

Hi Tilal,

We are from ‘PricewaterhouseCoopers’ development team and we have used your licenses to develop one of our requirements. Now that since this is a production issue, it has taken a huge limelight. Hence request you to let us know;
1. The alternatives to achieve our requirements.
2. Any previous dlls or yours which would fulfill our requirements.
3. How long will your development team might take to get this fixed.

Please let us know your answers at the earliest. We are also open to discuss this over call. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Jerrold,

Sorry for the inconvenience faced. I'm afraid only Rich text box field accepts the HTML formatted text and development team is already working over it to fix. I have recorded your concerns regarding the urgency of the matter and requested the development team to share the ETA at earliest and as soon as I get a feedback I will update you via this forum thread.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>

<span style=“font-size:10.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:“Arial”,“sans-serif”;
mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
EN-US;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>
Best Regards

Hi Tilal,

Thanks for understanding our urgent need of the fix. Awaiting your response and the fix asap. Thanks.

Hi Tilal,

As its a very high priority issue, we want at least an ETA from you. Its been 2 days since you promised us of th ETA and we dint hear anything from you. Please let us know the ETA at the earliest so that we can inform our clients on the same.

Also please let us know if we can expedite the process by upgrading our licences to 'priority'.

Please let us know asap

Hi Jerrold,

Thanks for your inquiry, I’m afraid subjected issue is still not resolved and it’s pending in the queue for analysis. As I’ve already requested for ETA and as soon as I get a feedback I’ll update you via this forum thread.

Moreover regarding to other support options query. Purchase of enhanced support definitely raise your issue priority but resolution is subject to the complexity and priority of issue. Aspose offers three different types of enhanced support, please check following links for the details/prices and enhanced support [FAQs](http://www.aspose.com/corporate/services/support-FAQs.aspx).

Furthermore, If you have any query related the enhanced support please post here. We will be more than happy to help you.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-34900) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 7.8.0update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.