Tomcat startup become slow

Hi all,

I obverse if I add Aspose Slides 17.7 for Java to war, tomcat takes very long to start, it’s about 10 minutes. If I remove this jar, server will be started in 1-2 minutes.

This is my environment:

• Tomcat: 8.0.35.0
  • Heap size: -Xms2048M -Xmx2048M
  • JDK: Oracle JDK 1.8.0_144-b01

Does anyone face similar issue?

Thanks

@RMS_DEV,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share light weight sample project reproducing issue on your end so that i may further investigate to help you out. Please also share the Tomcat log with timestamps. Can you please also share the environment details on your end.

hi @Adnan.Ahmad,

Please find the attachments below. For the environment, I have mentioned in my previous post.

slides.zip (68.4 KB)
catalina.2017-08-28.log.zip (1.4 KB)

Thanks

@RMS_DEV,

I have observed your comments. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-36583 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

We have also run into the same problem. We have trialed your Cells and Words products just fine but as soon as we added Slides we ran into a considerable delay in the start time of our tomcat servers. Any update as to resolving this? We are considering purchasing but this would be a major impediment.

@dalner,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that this issue has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java 17.9. I like to inform that Tomcat 8 have a changes in scanning of jars, so it loads so slowly. This is known tomcat 8 problem. Please, use this workaround for Tomcat 8. In tomcat 9 the load time of jars is significantly improved compared to tomcat 8. Please try to use Aspose.Slides for Java 17.9 on your end and if there is still an issue than please share source files along with environment details so that we may investigate to help you out.

Thanks for the prompt response. I am currently using 17.9 release and it is still slow. We do use tomcat 8 but are you saying this problem is solved with the workaround or that 17.9 fixes this problem without the workaround?

@dalner,

I have observed your comments. I like to inform that our product team made some improvements in Aspose.Slides. Aspose.Slides for Java 17.9 is loaded faster (on couple of minutes) in tomcat 8 than Aspose.Slides for Java 17.7/17.8.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan