we have discovered the problem that after aspose words reads the license, the webapp cannot be undeployed from the tomcat anymore. The undeployment fails and the aspose-words.jar in the directory “webapps<webappName>\WEB-INF\lib” is not deleted.
I made an example maven project to reproduce this problem.
readingLicenseBlocksUndelpoymentExampleProject.zip (4.5 KB)
Steps to reproduce:
- Unzip the attached project
- Put a valid license with the file name “Aspose.Words.lic” in the directory “\src\main\resources\org\example” (I could not include our license so you need to put one there)
- Build the project (e.g. “mvn clean install”)
- Start a tomcat with the generated webapp and a tomcat manager webapp
- Undeploy with the following command
curl --user admin:admin -X GET "http://localhost:8080/manager/text/undeploy?path=/<WAR-NAME>"(Standard .war name should be “readingLicenseBlocksUndeployment-1.0-SNAPSHOT”)
The undeployment should fail and the aspose-words.jar should still be available in the directory mentioned above.