We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

TotalSlack not returning the proper values

When we import an MPP the Total Slack doesn’t come in properly from what we see in Projects. Most of the time it involves negative values coming in as zero, but sometime coming in as other negative values.

For example:
Id, Description, Project Value, task.Get(Tsk.TotalSlack)

19, EPC design, -94.5 days, 0
25, Interfaces, -342.63 days, 0
27, Topside, -376.25 days, -1806000
34, Outsourced PMO, -15.75 days, 0

Simple .mpp attached, along with a couple images

CurrentSchedule.zip (60.5 KB)
Comparison.png (4.5 KB)
ValueInProjects.png (11.9 KB)

@JamesPike

Can you please share that what should be the desired output as I will add the relative information for investigation as well in our issue tracking system.

Can you be more specific? The ValueInProjects.png shows what the values are in Project, and the Comparison.png shows the values in Project compared to what .Get(Tsk.TotalSlack) returns.

I’m not sure what you mean by expected values. I expect .Get(Tsk.TotalSlack) to return the same value as is shown in Project (in tenths of minutes of course).

@JamesPike

Can you please provide the used sample code so that I may log the issue in our issue tracking system.

Attached is a simple program that allows you to select a project file and populates a grid with the relevant values.TotalSlackIssue.zip (2.9 MB)

@JamesPike

I have created an issue with ID TASKSNET-10284 in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be notified once the issue will be fixed.