Tracing Precedents and Dependents in Excel spreadsheet in .NET

We are using the Aspose Cells.Net v7.0.3.0 library. With reference to the below articles, we would like to retrieve the Precedents and Dependents of a cell. We are currently unable to retrieve the Dependent Cell values:

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/tracing-precedents-and-dependents.html

http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/aspose.cells.cellmembers.html

Our requirement is to retrieve both the direct and in-direct Dependents of the cell.

Please advice as how to proceed.

Hi,

I am afraid, the feature is not available at the moment, I have logged a ticket for your needs with an id: CELLSNET-40294. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for creating a support ticket on this. Could you please provide me a tentative timeline of when the above can be expected?

Also while going through the Forum posts, I came across an implementation of the getDependents method which was discussed in 2007.

http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/90417/tracing-precedents-and-dependents-for-a-formula-in-a-given-cell/showthread.aspx#90417

If this feature was available in a previous version of the library, could you please confirm in which version it was available and why it is not available in the latest version?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I am afraid, this feature is not available and we will support it later.

As Amjad has already logged the New Feature Request in our database. Once, we will implement this feature or we have any other update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.1.0.1

We have added Cells.GetDependents(bool isAll, int row,int column) method.

Hi Shakeel,

Many thanks to you and Amjad for the quick turn-around. I have used the fix provided and following are my queries:
  1. Is there any difference between the “public Aspose.Cells.Cell[] GetDependents(bool isAll)” and “public Aspose.Cells.Cell[] GetDependents(bool isAll, int row, int column)” methods?
  2. Currently the above methods return the first-level (direct) dependency. Is there any API that would retrieve the in-direct (multi-level) dependencies also? I am not comfortable with looping and getting each cell dependency recursively and I dont think that would be a good idea… Please advice.
  3. Also please advice, what would be the best way to implement the above, keeping in consideration performance and memory management.
Thanks in advance.

Adnan

Hi,

1) Cells.GetDependents(bool isAll) is same as Cell.GetDependents(bool isAll, int row, int column)

The parameter “isAll” means whether to check all worksheets in the workbook.

2) and 3) We don’t support get multi-level dependents of the cell now. We will look into it later.

Thanks,

Looking forward to this implementation.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40294) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.