Transparency is lost when converting PPTX to PDF (C#)

Hi,

When converting a PPTX document to a PDF, I noticed all the transparency properties on the image are lost.

Code:

var ppt = new Presentation(@".\test2.pptx");
        var saveOption = new PdfOptions();
        ppt.Save(@".\test2.pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf, saveOption);

In the output (see the screenshot below), the background of the image became white in the pdf:
image.png (54.9 KB)

I also tried setting SaveMetafilesAsPng to false, code:

var ppt = new Presentation(@".\test2.pptx");
        var saveOption = new PdfOptions();
        saveOption.SaveMetafilesAsPng = false;
        ppt.Save(@".\test2SaveMetafilesAsPng.pdf", SaveFormat.Pdf, saveOption);

The background became transparent, but all text was missing:

image.png (8.3 KB)

If I use the MS Office ‘Save as’ to pdf, the output looked file.

I’ve attached the test file and both Aspose output files for your reference. Could you please take a look?

test2.zip (139.9 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have observed the issue specified. An issue with ID SLIDESNET-40767 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with the issue so that you may be automatically notified once the issue will be fixed.

Hi,

I noticed the ticket SLIDESNET-40767 has been marked ‘Resolved’ on the thread but I could still reproduce the issue mentioned in

Could you please help me check this?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

I have worked with source file and unable to observe issue. Can you please share comparison screenshot pointing towards issue.23.pdf (39.4 KB)

Hello,

Thanks for your test.

Have you added the line attached below?

I cannot access the your attached 23.pdf file, but I’ve attached my test files again and a comparison screenshot from my Aspose output and Office ‘Save as’ output:

test.zip (191.4 KB)
image.png (27.9 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

I have worked with sample code you quoted and have been able to observe issue. We have reopened this issue to further investigate. I request for your patience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-40767) have been fixed in this update.