Transparent PNG image became non-transparent when converting DOCX to PDF

Hi,

When converting a DOCX to PDF using PdfA1b compliant, I noticed some transparent PNG images became non-transparent in the Aspose PDF.

Note that this issue does not happen if I saved the DOCX to PDF with PdfA compliant using Word.

Code:

var doc = new Document(@".\test.docx");
doc.LayoutOptions.TextShaperFactory = HarfBuzzTextShaperFactory.Instance;
var options = new PdfSaveOptions() { Compliance = PdfCompliance.PdfA1b };
doc.Save(@".\AsposeOutput.pdf", options);

Please note that we are using PdfA1b because we had to work around another issue where using Pdf15/17 made the PDF page not editable (PDF is not Editable | DOCX to PDF Conversion using .NET ).

I’ve attached my test files and an example output from Word ‘save as’ for your reference. Could you please help me take a look?

test.zip (99.6 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

We have tested the scenario and managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-22223. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hi @tahir.manzoor

I noticed this ticket is now marked as ‘closed’. Could you let me know when the fix will be available so we can test?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527

Yes, this issue has been closed and its fix will be available in the next version of Aspose.Words i.e. 21.7. We will inform you via this forum thread once it is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-22223) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.7 update.