Treemap and sunburst charts in LINQ Reporting Engine

Hi,

I tried to use treemap and sunburst charts in Word document template with LINQ Reporting Engine. I used the tips from Using Charts to Represent Sequential Data page. However when I save the generated document, charts data is not dynamically updated and I can still see <<foreach>> and <<x []>> tags on the chart.

It works as intended with other chart types like line or pie chart. Are treemap and sunburst charts supported by LINQ Reporting Engine?

I’m using Aspose.Words 22.4 version.

@rafalm

Unfortunately, LINQ Reporting Engine does not support treemap and sunburst charts at the moment. Your feature request is logged as WORDSNET-23884. You will be notified through the forum thread, once the feature is implemented.

Thanks for a quick answer. Is there any predicted timeframe when it could be implemented?

@rafalm

At the moment, WORDSNET-23884 is pending for analysis. We will inform you through the forum thread, once there is any news.

Thanks, looking forward to hear some news :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got one more question: could you provide me with list of the chart types in MS Word that are supported by LINQ Reporting Engine? Just so I don’t need to ask if a specific type is supported each time :slight_smile: For now I noticed that column and pie charts are nicely supported.

@rafalm

As of now, LINQ Reporting Engine supports working with charts falling within the following categories as per MS Word UI:

• Column
  • Line
  • Pie
  • Bar
  • Area
  • X Y (Scatter)
  • Surface
  • Radar

These can be also used within Combo charts.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Support for treemap and sunburst charts

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-23884) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 24.2 update also available on NuGet.

@rafalm

It is to let you know that we have updated LINQ Reporting Engine documentation regarding support of Treemap and Sunburst charts as well as other MS Word 2016 chart types. Since Aspose.Words 24.2, only Map charts remain unsupported by the engine. See the following pages for more information: