Treemap chart seen as PictureFrame

Hi there,

I’m trying to modify a treemap chart in a template (attached a simple example) but the Java library is seeing the shape as a PictureFrame instead of a Chart, resulting in me being unable to modify the chart data before saving the presentation.

The template PPTX was created in PowerPoint 2016 (v16.0.7766.7080) using Windows 10.

I imagine this chart type isn’t yet supported in Aspose.Slides but would like confirmation, and ideally an estimation of when support will be added. 2016 was released almost six months ago so hopefully we won’t have to wait long!

Thanks in advance.

George.

Hi George,

Thanks for inquiring Aspose.Slides.

I have opened the attached presentation in PowerPoint 2010 as well and it too is reading the template as image. Can you please confirm again from your PowerPoint 2016 and also share the snapshot in which template is read as chart in PowerPoint 2016. I will add a new feature request based on shared assessment from your end.

Many Thanks,

I am not surprised that PowerPoint 2010 reads the chart as an image; I think the Treemap chart type was added in PowerPoint 2016. The latest version of PowerPoint for Mac OS X (PowerPoint v15.32) also renders the chart as an image.

I have attached a screenshot of how the chart appears when editing chart data in the template in PowerPoint 2016 on Windows 10.

Hi George,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have discussed your requirements with our product team. I regret to share with you that the requested feature is currently not available in Aspose.Slides for. However, we have logged a new feature request with ID SLIDESNET-38466 in our issue tracking system to support it. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We are sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESNET-38466) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by mudassir.fayyaz