I've been looking for a really good pop3/imap client (and exchange is just a serious benefit!) that is rock solid with all kinds of messages from all kinds of mail servers, from all kinds of mail clients including spam for quite a while. I'm a current user of DevMail, but of course DevMail got bought by Microsoft and killed so no support. :<
Hence my search for a new control and this one looks very promising however I need to make sure that I have everything I need and I can't find anything on the web site about these functions:
- SSL POP3, IMAP and SMTP. Is it supported? If not, is there a beta that supports it? So many mail servers are going SSL only now that we must have this functionality for our mail client.
- IDLE for IMAP: Do you support this directly or indirectly with a manual command and then an event?
- Do you support a fetch on IMAP that allows you to specify something like this: 150:* (i.e. message 150 to the latest by uid) and 0: 149 *Deleted (or whatever the way of doing it is)? This allows for synchronization of mailboxes and is very much needed.
- How do you handle HTML messages? I really don't want to have to parse mime parts myself if I don't have to.
- Do you intelligently handle attachments? i.e. in several ones that I've tested I've had to check 3 places to find all of the attachments that are sent (normal attachments, inline and unknown mime parts). I really would like to see one that had attachments that are attachments that are not images in the html body and then some other collection that only returns the images etc. that are linked to the html body so that I don't have to deal with it myself, but I can live with it if I can just use the contentId to look for it in the body.
- Do you support mac attachments (that are dragged in to the body of the message) correctly?
- Ditto with SunFire/Mozilla email attachments?
Thanks for the info!