Trouble extracting embedded PDF documents to file

Greetings! I’m using ASPOSE.Words 4.4.3.0 to extract embedded OLE objects from MS word documents and save them to file. When it extracts PDF files, they appear to be corrupted. Upon closer examination, it appears that Words is saving the PDF object in a structured storage file wrapper… Looking at the extracted file in UltraEdit32, the PDF file should start with “%PDF-1.2
%âãÏÓ”. Instead it starts with the hex D0 CF, the signature for a structured storage file. Looking at the extracted file in a storage browser, it creates a file with 3 substreams, the one named “Contents” actually contains the PDF document.
Is it possible to have Aspose.Words save out a viable PDF file?
Thanks!
-Roger

Hi
Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your document here? (only you and Aspose staff can download it) I will investigate this problem and provide you more information.
Best regards.

I have attached a sample document to this post. Thank you very much for the prompt response!
-RH

Hi
Thanks for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem. I have logged this problem to our defect database as issue # 4225. Please expect a reply before the next hotfix (within 2-3 weeks).
Best regards.

Thank you! I have been investigating more on my projects, and there are many other progid’s (Word Perfect, progID “WPWin6.0” for example) that get saved into a structured storage file when they are not really compound documents and thus are not usable. Let me know if you need any more examples or other information.
Thanks!
Roger

Hello again. Can you tell me if this issue has been addressed in a hot fix yet?

Thanks!
RH

Hi
Unfortunately this issue is unresolved yet. We will notify you as soon as it is done. Thanks for your patience.
Best regards.

Thanks Alexey. Do you have an estimate of when this issue might be resolved?

RH

Hi
At the moment I can’t tell you exact date when we will fix this.
Best regards.

It works now! Was fixed several releases ago. Sorry this thread was not notified.