Trouble Recognizing DataMatrix Barcodes

I’ve attached two zip files. Both zip files contain JPEG images of scanned printouts of web pages containing DataMatrix bar codes generated by your component. The bar codes in Bad Forms.zip could not be read by your Recognition component. For reference, the bar codes in Good Forms.zip were readable. I’ve named the files in Bad Forms.zip according to their actual bar code values.

We are experiencing an approximately 20% failure rate with your component. We have tried scanning these forms at various resolutions at no avail. We have no control over the print resolution since these forms are printed by our customers and mailed in. We are using Aspose.BarCodeRecognition version 3.0.0.711 due to issues that we experienced with the release version of your product.

Thank in advance for any resolution you can provide to us. We would really prefer not to have to switch to a competitor’s product but a 20% failure rate is unacceptable when processing thousands of forms.

Hi,

We will look into it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi,

Please try the hotfix v3.0.1 from http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.barcode-for-.net/entry205113.aspx. This should read the datamatrix barcodes from “Bad Forms” folder.

Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you on this. The updated DLL you linked to seems to work perfectly. It was able to process all but one of our files, which I am going to assume is of too poor print quality to detect. I’ve attached that file for your amusement.

Do you have an x64 build of this version? We’re running a 64-bit processor and would like to be able to run this application as optimally as possible. We’re using .NET 3.5

Any word on this? Do you have an x64 version of this DLL?

Hi RebateD,

Please check the attachment for the x64 build.

Thanks

I receive the following exception when attempting to use this x64 dll:

The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 10 Nov 2009, but this version of the product was released on 24 Nov 2009. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.