Trouble with "ActuallyUsed" mode from "ExtractImageMode"

Hello,

We’re considering getting a newer version of Aspose.PDF and many things seems to have changed drastically. We build a prototype with the free demo (version 18.10) and succeed in doing what we wanted to do which is extracting all barcodes from a document. To do so, we want to find every image visible to the reader. To do that, we used the propriety “ExtractImageMode”, but had to set it at “DefinedInRessources”, because “ActuallyUsed” (the one we used before) doesn’t seem to work anymore. It didn’t find any image in each pdf we tried it on.

Are you having trouble with the “ActuallyUsed” mode or is there a paticuliar way to use it now? Is it a restriction on the free demo (evaluation mode)?

Like i said before, we only need to extract the barcodes that are visible to a reader or printable.

Have a nice day.
David

@RFUser

Thank you for contacting support.

Please note that you may request for a free 30 day temporary license to test the APIs in full capacity. Moreover, please share sample PDF document along with narrowed down code snippet which works with Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.10 but not with latest version. We will try to reproduce and investigate it in our environment.

Hello @Farhan.Raza,

Is there a way to send you the sample code in private message. We would like to keep the information that it contains to as few people as possible.

And there seems to be a misconception, the actual version is not 18.10 but much older. Our demo was with the 18.10 version (it was the latest one then).

Have a nice day
David

@RFUser

Please note that the attachments are accessible to thread owner and Aspose Staff only so you may share the files here. Or you may upload these to Google Drive, Dropbox etc. and then share download link with us privately through a message by clicking on my username. However, please ensure using Aspose.PDF for .NET 19.1 in your environment.

We tried with the 19.1 version in our environment and we still have the problem. I have attached the logs from our prototype and the documents with the codebar. I’m trying to upload the projets but it doesn’t seems to work. Is there a limit on the size of the upload?

pdf.zip (1.8 MB)
logs.zip (3.1 KB)

@RFUser

Please note that the upload limit for forums is around 5MB so the narrowed down sample application can be shared via Google Drive, Dropbox etc and download link can be shared as private message by clicking on my username. Once you send the message, please acknowledge here for reference.

Hello @Farhan.Raza,

All i can do is go to your profile when i click on your username. I can’t find the way to send you a private message. Can you help me please.

Trouble with ActuallyUsed mode from ExtractImageMode - Aspose.jpg (22.4 KB)

@RFUser

Thank you for getting back to us.

Being a new user, you were not allowed by the system for sending a private message. However, we have granted you the privilege so please try again the same way you have shared the screenshot and let us know if you still face any problem.

i forgot to aknowledge here for reference, sorry. I sent you the link three days ago.

@RFUser

Thank you for sharing requested data.

Would you please mention the steps along with the file names so that we may proceed to reproduce and investigate it in our environment.

Hello,

All you have to do is change the pdf files repertory path in the Module1.vb - line 7 and the logs repertory path in the web.config. Put the pdf files at the right place and run it.

The part with the property is in the SWDetctImagsProsc.asmx.vb file - line 88. You can change it and see for yourself that it detects the image with “DefinedInRessources” and not with "ActuallyUsed”.

You can run the ConslTestSW2431 project . It’s a console project that will extract and display the log’s content afterward.

Have a nice day!
David Michaud

@RFUser

We have logged a ticket with ID PDFNET-46104 in our issue management system for further investigation and resolution. The ticket ID has been linked with this thread so that you will receive notification as soon as the ticket is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello @Farhan.Raza

I don’t have access to check the ticket’s status. There isn’t a new notification so i suppose it’s still not resolved. We are working on an alternative but we would like to know if there’s been progress on your side? Can we expect something anywhere soon or are we better putting efforts on another solution?

@RFUser

We are afraid you may not access the issue because the issue management system being internal. Moreover, this ticket has not been scheduled yet owing to previously logged and critical issues so it may take few more months. We will let you know as soon as any significant update will be available. We appreciate your patience and comprehension in this regard.