We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

TrueType CID fonts causing issues for clients with older printers

We are having an issue where tables we create cause printers to crash. We have identified this as an issue where the tables we generate are encoded with TrueType (CID) Identity-H fonts in the resulting PDF.

Wondering if you have dealt with this at all in the .NET platform, it sounds an awful lot like this post:

Extra font in PDF/A-2b conversion

As a bit of added information, we are generating documents that get sent out in PDF format to hundreds of clients, many of whom due to the nature of their industry have older printers with older firmware. We were able to replicate the printer crashing in house, and later fixed the issue by updating our firmware. However we cannot serve as tech support and talk hundreds of clients through such a process.

Right now our actual coder is out sick but I will update my message with the exact version of Aspose.PDF for .NET that we have. For what it’s worth, over the phone he said version 11 something, and up-to-date last he checked.

Thank you,
Taylor

Hi Taylor,


Thanks for your inquriy. We will appreciate it if you please share some more details i.e. please confirm whether you are printing the PDF document using Aspose.Pdf code or some other APP, printer details causing the issue and error details/message. It will help us to investigate and address the issue.

Furthermore, it seems you are using some old version, current version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET is 17.1.0.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Didn’t realize there had been so many updates. We are updating now and will respond with results and more info if necessary.

We have updated to the current version and the tables we produce still have the problematic CID/Identity-H encoding.

Note that when we use one of the core 14 fonts the encoding shows this:

and the printer does not crash. However, we don’t want to be limited to the core 14.

Just to clarify, we use a combination of “OpenType fonts with TrueType outlines” (.ttf files) and “OpenType fonts with PostScript/CFF outlines” (.otf files). EDIT: Both types end up encoded CID and both cause printers to crash.

We do not actually use any PostScript Type1 (.AFM/.PFM files).

Hi Taylor,


Thanks for sharing additional information. As requested above, please share your printing workflow, printer details and error details. It will help us to replicate the issue at our end and address it accordingly.

Furthermore, I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf does not support to change font encoding. However, you may try to replace Text Font with ANSI encoding Font. Hopefully it will help you to resolve the issue.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,