Try to read from tiff-image

Hi Aspose-Team,

i’m trying to read barcodes from a tiff-image.
The answer from BarcodeReader is “Not supported format”.
I thought tiff is an supported format for BarcodeReader?

Barcode-Version: 2.7.0

Code:
public static void readBarcodes() {
String _strCodetext = “”;
try
{
Image image = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().createImage(“c:\test\test2.tif”);
BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(image, BarCodeReadType.Code39Standard);
while(reader.read())
{
_strCodetext += "Codetext: " + reader.getCodeText();
}
reader.close();

if (_strCodetext.length() == 0)
_strCodetext = “Cound not recognize barcode.”;
}
catch(Exception ex)
{
_strCodetext = "Error: " + ex.getMessage();
}
System.out.println(_strCodetext);
}

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the details of your issue.

You are right, Tiff file format is one of the supported file formats for BarCode Recognition. Please check the Technical Article on the subject.

If the Tiff file has only one page (as provided by you) then the BarCode Recognition process is same as other supported image formats. I have tried your provided source code and ended up with same message “Not Supported Format”. Moreover, I have tested your provided Tiff file with Aspose.BarCode for .NET component and I was able to scan it just fine. So I have logged a ticket in our tracking system to investigate this issue further. The ticket id for your reference is 31425. As soon as we receive any updates, we will post them here.

Hi again,

Just to correct my earlier statement, Aspose.BarCode Java does not recognize Tiff image format and the returned message “Not Supported Format” is justified with your provided source code. To work with Tiff images you need to use JAI library as discussed in the this Technical Article.

Please test your scenario and post the results here.
Thank you for your understanding.