Trying out this product

Hi Friends,

I’m trying out this product to write a simple test code for Android. In the first few lines , I see this error. Not sure how to proceed. I made the memory changes to the ini file. I’m able to run a blank code with the referenced jars but now I see a new issue.

My Code lines

InputStream is = getApplicationContext().getResources().openRawResource(R.raw.rtffile);

Document doc = new Document(is);

I see this error

The type asposewobfuscated.zzF4 cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Siva

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your inquiry. In case, you are using older version of Aspose.Words for Android I suggest you please upgrade to the latest version from here.

Please make sure that you have correctly referenced the Aspose.Words for Android Jar file and InputStream of input file is correct. We have now divided the library into following two archives:

• aspose-words-1.12-android-jdk15.jar: The first one includes public API and its auxiliary methods.
  • aspose-words-1.12-libs-android-jdk15.apk: The second one includes third party jars, basic classes and resources.

include Aspose.Words for Android into the project you should place “aspose-words-1.12-android-jdk16.jar” in the folder “libs” of your project, and the archive “aspose-words-1.12-libs-android-jdk16.apk” into the folder “assets”.After that you need to indicate in “AndroidManifest.xml”
file that you are going to use AsposeWords application as the basic one. Please see the following markup:

…
…
<application 
android:allowBackup="true"
android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher"
android: name = "com.aspose.words.AsposeWordsApplication"
android: label = "@string/app_name"
android:theme="`@style`/AppTheme" >
<activity
…
…

Please read about ‘How to Use Aspose.Words for Android from 1.11 Onward’ from here. Hope this helps you.