Trying to extract text

Hi,

I am working on a solution to extract text from mobile uploaded bills. PLease find the attached bill. I am getting error as rest of the text not extracted because of evaluation. How do i evaluate the component before buying? Please help me with this

Cheers,
Kiran
Hi Kiran,

Many thanks for your inquiry and for considering Aspose.OCR.

1. Note that you can get a temporary license in order to evaluate the Aspose products. Please check the below linked web page and follow the instructions on it to get your temporary license.

http://www.aspose.com/corporate/purchase/temporary-license.aspx

2. We have evaluated the attached images on our end. We have used the latest version of Aspose.OCR for .Net 2.7.0. While testing it was found that the images provided by you has very low DPI value i.e. 96. Please note that the current implementation of the Aspose.OCR APIs work well with images having resolution of at least 300 DPI and the accuracy rate tends to decrease by decreasing the resolution. Your provided image has resolution of 96 DPI therefore it will not be possible to get 100% accuracy if you wish to scan the complete image. On the other hand, if you intend to get some specific contents from a portion of the image, you can use the custom recognition blocks to get better accuracy.
Please note, the above mentioned solution is useful in scenario when you have documents following the similar structure, that is; the contents to be scanned are always on the same location for each image. It has also been observed that the direction of an image is also not correct. Note that direction of the image does matter while performing OCR.

Hope the above information helps. In case of any issues, need further clearance please be sure to let us know, we will be glad to assist you.