Type mismatch between indexed read and indexed write methods

Hey there,

when using your Aspose pdf example - TableInHeaderFooter code, the following error occurs on this line:
-------------------------------------------------

Section sec1 = pdf1.getSections().add()
-------------------------------------------------
2014-08-25 11:28:02,920 [http-bio-8080-exec-8] ERROR errors.GrailsExceptionResolver - IntrospectionException occurred when processing request: [GET] /rest.services-is.eis/students/1
type mismatch between indexed read and indexed write methods: _Item. Stacktrace follows:
Message: type mismatch between indexed read and indexed write methods: _Item
Line | Method
->> 387 | findIndexedPropertyType in java.beans.IndexedPropertyDescriptor
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
| 215 | setIndexedReadMethod in ‘’
| 471 | . . . . . . . . . . in ‘’
| 647 | processPropertyDescriptors in java.beans.Introspector
| 543 | getTargetPropertyInfo . . in ‘’
| 418 | getBeanInfo in ‘’
| 163 | getBeanInfo . . . . . . . in ‘’
| 19 | createStudentProfilePdf in com.scmt.util.Reporting$$EOnwNrZE
| 79 | $tt__show . . . . . . . . in rest.services.is.eis.StudentController
| 198 | doFilter in grails.plugin.cache.web.filter.PageFragmentCachingFilter
| 63 | doFilter . . . . . . . . . in grails.plugin.cache.web.filter.AbstractFilter
| 1145 | runWorker in java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
| 615 | run . . . . . . . . . . . in java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
^ 745 | run in java.lang.Thread
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, I am using REST Services under Grails.
I am building an example application which will decide if we use Aspose in our future projects. Thus I still am using the trial version of Aspose.

My setup:
  • IntelliJ IDEA 13.1.4
  • Java 1.7.0_67
  • Grails 2.3.9
Any idea why this happens? I even updated to the latest JDK.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Lucian,

Thanks for your inquiry. I have tested the Table in Header Footer Section example code using Eclipse Juno, 1.7 JDK and Aspose.Pdf for Java 9.3.1. But unable to notice the reported exception. Please share your code and also confirm your version of Aspose.Pdf for Java API, so we will look into the issue further.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

thanks for the quick reply.

In the meantime, my workaround has been switching to a plain Java project.
In this new environment, everything works as expected. I can now develop the document as it should look at the end.

The problem later will be to port the code to Grails.
But that’s another topic.

Thanks.

lucian.schneider:
In the meantime, my workaround has been switching to a plain Java project.
In this new environment, everything works as expected. I can now develop the document as it should look at the end.
Hi Lucian,

Thanks for sharing the feedback.

Its good to know that you have managed to test the API in a simple Java project and its working fine.

lucian.schneider:
The problem later will be to port the code to Grails.
Concerning to above stated issue, I have logged it as PDFNEWJAVA-34399 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks a lot!

It is much appreciated :slight_smile:

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-34399) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for Java 17.5.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.