Type or namespace 'Aspose' could not be found

Hi!
Using Aspose.Words (v 5.2.2.0). The DLL is definitely in my reference list. When I first add the DLL as a reference, everything resolves.
It’s when I build that I get the dreaded red squiggly line and the message saying it can’t resolve.
If I remove the reverence and re-add, the error goes away until I build again. Unfortunately, building is pretty critical! :slight_smile:
Thanks!
Rich
PS I’ve attached a screen shot showing that the Aspose.Words assembly is referenced, but I’m getting an error.

More info…
I did add the lic file to the project, but it did not help.
Also - it’s probably important to note that I am using the Aspose.word assembly in another project. In fact, the first thing I did was to import this project into my new project - and this is when the issue started.
thanks!
Rich

Hi
Thanks for your request. Please try to remove and add the reference to Aspose.Words.dll again and then rebuild your project. This should resolve the problem.
Best regards,

Thanks - I’ve already tried that about 10 times… I just tried again and it did not work.
Rich

Hi
Thank you for additional information. What kind of application are you developing? Have you tried creating a project from scratch? Does it work in this case?
Best regards,

Hi,
I found the problem. I’ll give details so you know in case someone else makes this same mistake. :slight_smile:
I have a class library that I use in my web app. I want to write a load testing application that excersizes the API. The load tester is a console app. Unfortunately, VS 2010 defaults the Target Framework to .Net 4 Client Profile!
When I saw this, I changed it to a target of .Net 4 (not client) and my project builds fine.
Thanks!

Hi
It is perfect that you managed to resolve the problem. Please let us know if you need more assistance, we will be glad to help you.
Best regards,

Excellent fix, I only spent 20mins.

Aspose Guys you should add this to your standard response along with remove and re add the reference.

Thanks Rich!!!
Even i faced with the same problem. But, solved with the help of your suggestion.

Anil