Unable to change font family of chart elements from Calibri to Aktiv Grotesk

Hi Team,

Aspose Cells Version : 21.3.0

Using v21.3 cells jar the font-family of the chart elements is not changed from “Calibri” to 'Aktiv Grotesk".

Chart elements include : Series datalabels, legend, axis titles, chart title, axis labels

In the attached zip file provided the java code, input file used along with the generated outputs for the below two scenarios :

1. AxesTitlesFontIssue
  2. DataLabelsLegendFontIssue

Note : The same font-family change is working properly with Aspose Cells 19.11 version

Could you please help us in understanding the reason for the font not changing from “Calibri” to “Aktiv Grotesk”.

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

AsposeCells_21.3_AktivGrotesk_FontIssue.zip (163.7 KB)

@sanjeevkumarambti,

Please confirm if you have the underlying font (.ttf file(s)) “Aktiv Grotesk” installed on the system where you are processing the code? We did test your issue a bit and noticed the behavior. Please also, zip and attach the .ttf file(s) for the font “Aktiv Grotesk”, so we could install it and then evaluate your issue precisely on our end.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for the quick check.

Yes, I confirm that the required (.ttf) files of “Aktiv Grotesk” font are available in the system where the shared test scenario codes are processed.

Please find the attached zip file for the (.ttf files).

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

AktivGrotesk_Font_TTF_Files.zip (1.7 MB)

@sanjeevkumarambti,

Thanks for the source font file(s).

After an initial test, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned using your template file(s). I found the font of certain chart elements (e.g. horizontal axis title, vertical axis title, chart title, data labels, legend, etc.) is not changed from “Calibri” to “Aktiv Grotesk”. I have logged a ticket with an id CELLSJAVA-43449"" for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

1 Like

Hi Team,

Any update on the subjected issue (CELLSJAVA-43449) fix ?

Thanks,
Sanjeev

@sanjeevkumarambti,

We are working over your issue but it is not resolved yet. Once we figure it out or we have some other updates on it, we will let you know.

1 Like

@sanjeevkumarambti,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@sanjeevkumarambti,
Please try our latest fix v21.4.5(https://forum.aspose.com/uploads/default/50347).
This issue should be fixed by it.

Thanks Eric for the update.

Tested with the new version shared and could see that the “Aktiv Grotesk” font is now set for Chart datalabels, legend entries, axes titles and chart title.

But one question…
Is the version (21.4.5) the final one ?
Because the same version is not available in Aspose.Cells | Excel Spreadsheet Processing Java Library

Could you please confirm by when the fix will be officially released ?

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

@sanjeevkumarambti,

Good to know that your issue is sorted out by the suggested fix.

This is an interim release (a kind of hotfix). We publish interim versions against issues/enhancements (our users post/ask for) in the forums. These hotfixes are fully tested and pass QA, In short, the suggested fix contains all the functionality (full fledged) of official release (Aspose.Cells for Java v21.4) plus some fixes and other enhancements. So, you may use this fix in production server.

Our next official release of the product, i.e., Aspose.Cells for Java v21.5 is scheduled before the end of next week or so. You will also be notified in this thread once the new release comes out.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-43449) have been fixed in this update.