Unable to construct PresentationEx/Presentation object

Hi,

when I try to create new object PresentationEx constructed with presentation file, I get the exception:
System.IO.EndOfStreamException occurred
Message=Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
Source=mscorlib
StackTrace:
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
InnerException:

Even if the file don’t exist on that path. Sample code:
PresentationEx presentation = new PresentationEx(srcDir + “title.pptx”);

When I try to create new object Presentation constructed with presentation file - see attachment, I get the exception:
Aspose.Slides.PptException occurred
Message=Frame is not an OleObjectFrame.
Source=Aspose.Slides
StackTrace:
at Aspose.Slides.OleObjectFrame…ctor(BaseSlide parent, „š frame)
InnerException:

Sample code:
Presentation presentation = new Presentation(srcDir + @“title.ppt”);

Btw if the “Title.ppt” problem is not supported, I can tell to the customer to save ppt/pptx as images, but I need the information.

I tried Aspose.Slides 5.9, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 with same results.

Platform .NET 4.0 / Windows 7 x64.

Thx for support and let me now, if you need anything.

Hi,

I have worked with the presentation files shared by you using Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.3.0 and have not been able to observe any issue in accessing the presentations. I have used .NET 4.0 version dll of Aspose.Slide for .NET in Windows 7 x64 environment. Please share, if you need any further help in this regard. The sample project and generated output are shared for your kind reference.

Many Thanks,

I have found the problem. There is some incompatibility with VS 2010 feature “Tools-> Options -> Debugging-> General -> Enable .NET Framework source stepping” and Aspose.Slides. Maybe because of your library obfuscation. I can live with disabled feature.

Hi,

That is really appreciable that you have been able to figure out the issue on your end. Please share, if I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,

I have the same problem but I do not have VS 2010 feature “Tools-> Options -> Debugging-> General -> Enable .NET Framework source stepping” set. I’ve attached my PPTX in case there is an issue with it, but it opens fine in Powerpoint 2010.

For me it was “Suppress JIT optimization on module load (Managed only)”

Hi Erik,

I have worked with the presentation file shared by you and have not been able to observe the issue in accessing the presentation using Aspose.Slides for .NET 6.7.0. For your kind reference, I have also attached the generated PDF as well. Please share the sample project with us if there is still an issue.

Many Thanks,

I’m sorry my post wasn’t clear. I ran into the same problem that hejro observed but in my case the problem was a different Debug setting.

In VS 2010, "Tools-> Options -> Debugging-> General”,

• hejro reported that “Enable .NET Framework source stepping" was the problem and unsetting it solved the issue.
  • In my case it was “Suppress JIT optimization on module load (Managed only)” and unsetting it solved my issue.

Thanks, Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the information and clarification.

Many Thanks,