Unable to convert odp file into pdf

Hi ,
I am getting below error while conversion of an odp file into pdf , am using an aspose slides library of version 14.6 Could you please let us know the reason for the conversion failure.

ERROR: 0.3999107878454081_96_2017:9:14:13:28:41Not a Open Office presentation.Not a Open Office presentation.
com.aspose.slides.PptUnsupportedFormatException: Not a Open Office presentation.

Caused by: com.aspose.slides.OdpReadException: Error reading "content.xml" xml part
at com.aspose.slides.ahk.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.ahk.do(Unknown Source)
at com.aspose.slides.ahk.for(Unknown Source)
… 41 more
Caused by: class com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pbdb106a0.cw: Unknown char: (
com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pf4dd765c.pbdb106a0.u.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pf4dd765c.pbdb106a0.u.do(Unknown Source)
com.aspose.slides.p6a2feef8.pbdb106a0.ca.do(Unknown Source)

@Nirupama,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share source file with environment details so that we may further investigate to help you out.

Hi Adnan,

Please use below link to dowload the source file

https://ap4.salesforce.com/sfc/p/90000000icqj/a/6F0000008mfU/LKiKlW_rO8lTIFR295iouVX86X8SsWoKIiBydptxtBg

Also let me know what environment details are required.
I am using an Aspose slide library version 14.6

@Nirupama,

I have worked with source file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 17.8 and unable to observe the issue. I have also shared my generated result with you for your kind reference. I suggest you to please try to use Aspose.Slides latest version 17.8 on your end and if there is still an issue than please provide complete sample project, environment detail so that we may further investigate to help you out.friday.pdf (540.2 KB)

Hi Adnan,
Thank you for your response. I understand that the issue is resolved with latest version 17.8 would have resolved the issue.
But will it be possible to let us know why the file is shown as unsupported format of open office although it is an open office file odp.
I want to understand the reason for conversion failure. Also i have another odp file in which is have observed the same issue of conversion failure. Will it be possible to let know the reason of this aswell

https://ap4.salesforce.com/sfc/p/90000000icqj/a/6F0000008mfo/_xAjBozaJUpBzL_mTFEjn96cl9bd6Nutr6EUrFCk5K4

Also in the earlier file shared i have observed that there are specific two slides which were causing the issue while conversion when i remove those two slides from the presentation. It is successfully converted.
You may refer to the earlier attachment slide no 7 and 28 in which some diagram are shown.

Hi Adnan,

Will it be possible to confirm in the mean while whether the source file two shared with the below link is getting open in latest version of Aspose Slide.

https://ap4.salesforce.com/sfc/p/90000000icqj/a/6F0000008mfo/_xAjBozaJUpBzL_mTFEjn96cl9bd6Nutr6EUrFCk5K4

Hi Adnan,

Awaiting your response

@Nirupama,

I have discussed your issue with our product team. I like to inform that lot of bugs were fixed from version 14.6 to 17.8. Which error led to this situation is difficult to say without further investigation. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-36599 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate the root cause of the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once investigation will be completed.

Hi Adnan,

Thank you for the update.

Can you please also confirm if the file shared with this post is getting open with latest version of Aspose slides.

Regards,
Nirupama Jaiswal

@Nirupama,

I have worked with source file shared by you using Aspose.Slides for Java 17.8 and unable to observe issue. I have also shared my generated result with you for your kind reference. Please see attachment.tuesday.pdf (685.5 KB)

Hi Adnan,

Appreciate your help on this.

Hi Adnan,

The files converted with the Aspose Library version 17.8 does not include the contents of the chart,images but shows only the outlook of the chart, images.

Please find the file attached for your reference. Source file and converted file , you may refer page no…11,14
Source link:
https://ap4.salesforce.com/sfc/p/90000000icqj/a/6F0000008mfU/LKiKlW_rO8lTIFR295iouVX86X8SsWoKIiBydptxtBg
Converted file:
friday.pdf (540.2 KB)

Let us know if there is solution to convert the charts images properly as present in the source file.

Best Regards,
Nirupama J

@Nirupama

I have observed your comments. Can you please share screenshot comparing issue and source file, i am unable to observe any image or chart in source file on page 11. I have also shared generated result and source file with you. Please see attachment. friday.pdf (540.2 KB)
friday.zip (535.1 KB)

Hi Adnan,

PFA images for your reference.

Anotherexample.png (179.9 KB)
Image_difference.png (143.4 KB)

Best Regards,
Nirupama

@Nirupama,

I have observed the images shared by you and like to share that Aspose.Slides mimics the behavior of PowerPoint. I have tried opening your source presentation in PowerPoint 2010 and 2016 and there is no chart or any thing visible there. Therefore, Aspose.Slides also behaves the same as PowerPoint. Can you please confirm the PowerPoint version where by you are able to observe the concerned slides with charts. For your convenience, I have shared the snapshots for Slide 14 and Slide 16.