Unable to detect id text

Currently I am exploring OCR process for one of our customers for that i have downloaded trial version of ASPOSE.OCR.

We are trying to extract the text from Hong Kong Identity card to detect specific wordings on the ID, including “Hong Kong Identity Card” in English and “香港身份證” in Chinese. However, we find that the trial version is not powerful enough to extract the specific type of texts, for both English and Chinese.

We have tested with another application, and found that the result is pretty positive, as it can extract all the wordings from the ID card. (Please check attached file)

Screenshot 2018-12-21 at 3.37.28 PM.jpg (248.1 KB)

May I know if there are functional differences on the detecting / extracting the texts between trail version and licensed version?

@simonlee,

Thank you for contacting Aspose Support.

The evaluation version of the API provides the same capabilities as the licensed version of the API, except it limits the number of characters extracted from an image to 50. If you want to try Aspose.OCR without evaluation version limitations, you can request a temporary license by visiting the link given below.

Get a Temporary License

Aspose.OCR does not support the Chinese language at the moment. The languages supported by Aspose.OCR are English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese. We have logged a ticket in our issue tracking system as OCR-517 for the support of the Chinese language. We will update you here as soon as additional information is available.