Unable to find the name of the shape

dear support,

I have attached a vsd file. The majority of shapes inside the vsd file have a name. However, when I load the objects, the name of the shapes is not maintained and is empty.

Unfortunately, this seems to work sometimes and sometimes not :frowning:

thnak you

guido

After a long time of trial and error, I have found the root cause of the problem.

The various shapes in the sheet are defined in a stencil.
When I grouped everything inside the stencil in a group, and entered the shape again in the vsd file, all subshapes magically got the name values again.

Strange, very strange.

Hi Guido,

Thank you for your inquiry. Weā€™re working over your query and will get back to you shortly.

Hi Guido,

Thank you for being patient. Could you please share your stencil file in this forum thread? Weā€™ll further investigate on our side to replicate the said issue.

Please find the stencil in attachment.

As I explained, the problem is that the names of the various subshapes are sometimes lost ( empty sytring ) when the shapes inside the stencil are modified within an existing group.

I have grouped all subshapes in group called ā€œGroeperingā€. When I select a subshape, and for example change the text, without deleteing and recreating the group, I sometimes get problems as the
names of the shapes are empty.

Deleting the group and regrouping eveything again is a workaround that resolves the porblem.

I would not give too many effort on this as there is a workaround.

Hi Guido,

Thank you for sharing the stencil file. Iā€™m sorry to share with you that I could not reproduce the said issue. Can you please share that in which format you saved the Visio drawing after updating a sub-shape text? Iā€™m not able to get a shape name as ā€œGroeperingā€ although I can notice when opened in the MS Office Visio 2010/2013. Moreover, Iā€™m not able to notice further empty shape names after modifying a sub-shape text. Itā€™ll be so nice of you if you can please provide us the original and output diagrams along with the exact source code.

Weā€™re looking forward to help you.

Ok, I simplified the application a bit as to illustrate things.

Attached you will find a Visio file test.vsd.

The Trend1.38 object has several shapes. In Visio, they all have a specific name.
When reading the Visio in Aspose.Diagram, the names of the subshapes disappear and are blank.

The code ( consoelapplication ) is attahced below.

I am using Visio 2013.

This problem is really very difficult to handle as the names of the shapes sometimes disappear.

Module Module1
Public license As Aspose.Diagram.License = New Aspose.Diagram.License()
Public asposelicensestring As String = My.Computer.Registry.GetValue(ā€œHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MWorksā€, ā€œAsposeDiagramLicenseā€, ā€œā€)
Sub Main()
Dim d As Aspose.Diagram.Diagram
license.SetLicense(asposelicensestring)
d = New Aspose.Diagram.Diagram(ā€œD:\test.vsdā€)
For Each s As Aspose.Diagram.Shape In d.Pages(0).Shapes
If Split(s.Name.ToUpper, ā€œ.ā€)(0).StartsWith(ā€œTRENDā€) Or (s.Master IsNot Nothing AndAlso Split(s.Master.Name.ToUpper, ā€œ.ā€)(0).StartsWith(ā€œTRENDā€)) Then
For Each ss As Aspose.Diagram.Shape In s.Shapes
Console.WriteLine(ss.Name)
Next ss
End If
Next s
Console.ReadLine()
End Sub
End Module

Hi Guido,

Thank you for contacting us. Iā€™ve tested your sample drawing against the latest build of Aspose.Diagram 3.9.0. I managed to replicate the problem of empty sub-shapes name. Iā€™ve logged this problem under ticket id DIAGRAMNET-50099 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue. Weā€™ll let you know once a significant progress has been made in this regard. Weā€™re sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Guido,

Thank you being patient. We have a good news for you is DIAGRAMNET-50099 has now been resolved. If there is no issue in the QA phase, then its fix will be included in the next version of Aspose.Diagram 4.1.0. Its release date is not final yet. It is expected at the end June 2014. We will inform you via this forum thread as soon as the new release is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as DIAGRAMNET-50099) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.