Unable to get plain text from html

Hi there!

Currently I’m evaluating your api for sending emails with alternative views. Please find attached two documents.
Html_01.txt: Works perfect, I can get plain text via MailMessage.HtmlBodyText method.
Html_02.txt: Doesn’t work. I only get the same html text via MailMessage.HtmlBodyText.

I guess the problem is that the second html does contain not only a body part but also a head (complete html document). Is there a simple solution to get the plain text out of this kind of document?

Thank you for your help!
Mike Hachen

Hello,

In Html_02.txt, in the tag, you use the charset=unicode attribute. Aspose.Email cannot recognize this encoding name. Please try to use the ‘utf-8’ value for charset attribute instead of ‘unicode’.

Thanks.

Hello

Thank you very much for your answer.

Is there no way that Aspose.Email can handle the meta-tag charset=unicode? The problem is that I have no control what text I have to send (the text is generated in a different program and I have no control about it). If I can avoid it I’d rather not change the incoming html text…

Thanks, Mike Hachen

Hi Mike,

As mentioned, the API doesn’t support the unicode charset in this case. We have inquired about this from our Product team and shall share the feedback once available in this regard.

Hi Muhammad

OK, thank you. I hope it will be soon available :slight_smile:

Greetings, Mike

Hi Mike,

I have logged an enhancement ticket in our bug reporting system under id: EMAILNET-34854 for further investigation by the product team. I shall write here as soon as some feedback is received in this regard.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILNET-34854) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan