Unable to insert formulas/equations and preserve them in MS Word

Hello,

I am using Microsoft Word 2007 and trying to use Aspose Libraries for preserving MS Word Equations that are inserted into the document. However, after using my code, I find that the equation is actually modified and not preserved in its correct format.

Does any current version of Aspose support this?

Thanks,

Kunal.

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your inquiry. Ideally, Formula Fields, upon loading into Aspose.Words, should be preserved. Could you please share your code and attach your input Word document you are getting problems with here for testing? I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information. Moreover, please note that calculation of the formula fields is supported in the current version of Aspose.Words; for more details please visit the following link:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.words-for-.net/about-field-update.html

Best Regards,

Hi,

Additionally, it is to update you that the latest version of Aspose.Words preserves Word Equations upon loading as well. However, there are cases when some MathML equations may get lost upon converting from DOCX to DOC formats. As requested earlier, please attach your input Word document i.e. containing the equations here for further investigation.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Thanks we were not using the latest version of Aspose.Words in our application. I downloaded the latest dll from the website and included it in the references. Our application already consists of old Aspose components.

However, while running the application, I get this error:

System.InvalidOperationException: The subscription included in this license allows free upgrades until 16 Feb 2011, but this version of the product was released on 31 Dec 2011. Please renew the subscription or use a previous version of the product.

Just to mention: I downloaded the trial version of Aspose.Words and included in my project.

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your inquiry.
I will suggest you to always use latest Aspose.Words but once we need to narrow down exact cause of this exception. For more details, please share your mechanism along with document.

Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Just to clarify, all bug fixes and new features are added to the latest versions of Aspose.Words. The exception you received means that your subscription has expired and you need to talk to the sales team to renew it in order to use the latest versions of Aspose.Words.

Also, as Awais has explained, some MathML objects may not be fully presrved upon conversions so it would be a great help if you could attach your documents here for testing so we could take a closer look if this is the case.

Thanks,