Unable to load Aspose.Cells assembly to SQL Server

I am trying to load Aspose.Cells to our SQL Server for use with extended stored procedures. I get the following error with version 8.4.2, framework 3.5

Assembly ‘Aspose.Cells’ references assembly ‘system.drawing, version=2.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.’, which is not present in the current database. SQL Server attempted to locate and automatically load the referenced assembly from the same location where referring assembly came from, but that operation has failed (reason: 2(The system cannot find the file specified.)). Please load the referenced assembly into the current database and retry your request.

I found this forum post which said to try the framework version 2.0 of the dll. I tried that and I get the following result.

Assembly ‘Aspose.Cells’ references assembly ‘system.web, version=2.0.0.0, culture=neutral, publickeytoken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.’, which is not present in the current database. SQL Server attempted to locate and automatically load the referenced assembly from the same location where referring assembly came from, but that operation has failed (reason: 2(The system cannot find the file specified.)). Please load the referenced assembly into the current database and retry your request.

I’ve tried this on SQL Server 2008R2 and 2014 with the same results. Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this?

Any help is appreciated.

–Jason

Hi Jason,

Thank you for considering Aspose APIs.

I am not sure how you are loading/adding the Aspose.Cells for .NET assembly to the SQL Server and how do you intend to use them. However, please note that Aspose.Cells for .NET assemblies have dependencies over other .NET namespaces for certain features. For instance, the Aspose.Cells for .NET API requires System.Drawing namespace for functionally related to imaging (rendering of spreadsheets/images/shapes). As per you mentioned exception messages, you are missing the said assemblies in the database. I would suggest you to either load the missing assemblies to the SQL Server prior loading the Aspose.Cells for .NET assembly or place the missing assemblies in the same folder as of Aspose.Cells.dll and try the process again.