Unable to manually delete row in table in Excel after ImportData

ExcelTableTest.zip (5.4 MB)
I’ve attached a solution that I’ve made, where I use ImportData to populate a table in an Excel template.

Importing the data works fine but if I open the Excel file afterwards in Excel, I’m unable to delete any rows in the table.

If I, however, insert an extra blank row in the table in the template file that I use and them use ImportData to populate the table, I can delete rows afterwards manually.

Button1 is an example where I’m unable to delete rows afterwards and Button2 is an example where I use the workaround with an extra row in the template and therefore is able to delete rows.

Is this a bug or am I using the ImportData function wrong?

I’m also curious as to why I end up with an extra blank row in the table just above the total row. If I import data using Excel, the table doesn’t contain a blank row between the data and the total row but it seems that if do the same with ImportData, the blank line, that’s always there in an empty table, ends up at the bottom of the table in the end.

With regards,
Martin Moustgaard

I just found out that if I delete blank row that always is there after an ImportData (using the following code to delete it: myCells.DeleteRow(tableList.EndRow - 1)) and then save the file, then I can delete rows in the table afterwards by opening it in Excel.

So it seems that this employ row in the table is the cause of the problem.

@mm.jsworldmedia,
We were able to observe the issue but we need to look into it more. We have logged the issue in our database for investigation and for a fix. Once, we will have some news for you, we will update you in this topic.

This issue has been logged as

CELLSNET-46902 – Manually delete row option is disabed in table after populating the Excel file using ImportData