Unable to open specific .xls Excel file in GridDesktop

Hi,

When we try to open a specific .xls file in a GridDesktop application we see the following exception.

{“Cell has been removed: G2”}

I can reproduce this in your GridDesktop example project by changing the file that is loaded.

I have uploaded to OneDrive here: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Ao-n6dBju-a323UWePb45n_CZOdE?e=Vu5McO

If anything does a conversion to .xlsx (e.g. for editing) I see the file working ok in the example project. Let me know if you need me to send it another way.

Thanks, Zoe

@zoe.w,

Please notice, I am able to reproduce the issue as you mentioned by loading/importing your template file into Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop. I found an error “Cell has been removed: G2”. I used the following line of code in a WinForm application:
e.g.
Sample code:

gridDesktop1.ImportExcelFile("e:\\test2\\Failing.xlsx");

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-48866” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

1 Like

@zoe.w,

Moreover, we did confirm and the error is due to formula bar control set to GridDesktop on the form. We will be looking into it to figure it out soon.

Please try this fix
Aspose.Cells.GridDesktop.21.8.4.zip (6.7 MB)

1 Like

That works fine. Thank you.

@zoe.w,

It is nice to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-48866) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao